Chapter 20: A Student's Duty(Part 3)

"Hey......What do you think is your greatest power?" A boy with black hair asked me. "Greatest power...? What's wrong asking me things like that all of a sudden...?" I asked. Even though, I haven't met or know this kid, it seems like I was acting by my own will, and talking to him. Well, it is kinda different feeling though. Perhaps, not me but someone other than me is an appropriate term to use, now that I'm confuse whose memories is this...

"Well, I think my greatest power is Will...!" The boy who looks a lot like me said, with a grin. "Will...? Why do you think?" The black-haired boy asked. "Because, I am always dragged off around by my will, and have always solved any situation by will...I think by having Will I was able to extract my strength to the fullest...!" He said. "Hmm, how blunt..." The black-haired boy sighed. "Oi, come on you were the one asking for my opinion, now you're disregarding it..!?!" The boy complained. The black haired boy remained silent as he sighed. "How' bout you..? What's your greatest power?" The boy asked. "Me, I dunno..." The black-haired boy mumbled.

"Ed...! Ed! Oi, wake up Ed!" A familiar voice tried to woke me up. "Uhn..." I resisted. "Oi, Sleepy-Ed..! Wake up, Ed-iot!" Another familiar voice nagged at me. "Sheesh...!" I opened my eyes, as I saw Russell and Reina, with Anna who had Lux on her shoulder waking me up. "How come you always insult me this early in the morning, Reina..?!" I complained. "Insult? I just stated the truth. The truth that you are an I-d-iot..!" She said. I nearly snapped. "Come on, you two don't fight this early..."Russell stopped us. "Hmph!" Reina looked away. That's my line...!

"What do you need Russell? It's weekend today, right?" I asked. "Yeah, but we were going to study, so I came to ask you if you wanted to join us..." Russell said. "Oh, come on you woke me up in this precious weekend just to invite me to a study group?" Although, I can't say that, can't I? "Fine, I'll join you guys..."I smiled.

"Hmm, Kirt?" I mumbled. "Ed, morning..." He said, with a bit drowsy tone. "Are you also studying?" I asked him. "Nope, just watching them, as they teach each other..." Kirt said. "Oi, oi don't you have any weak subjects?" I asked him. "Nothing, unlike me right...!" He laughed. Yeah, truly unlike of you...

As we studied, Ms. Historia suddenly approached us. "Hmm, history huh? " She mumbled. "Ms. Historia...." I said. "Are you guys studying?" she asked, as we nodded. "How responsible of you...!" She said. No, not very much Ma'am...

"So, how far have you proceeded in History?" She asked. "Well, we are in the part of the history about the two Gods of Creation..." Russell said. "Hmm, you've come pretty far..." Ms. Historia smiled. "Gods of Creation...?" I mumbled. "Uhm, Aren't you aware of it, your highness?" Ms. Historia asked. "K-kind of..." I said. "Then, shall I teach you about it?" She said, as they nodded.

The two Gods of Creation, it was said that this world was created by two siblings, Ghart and Exelia. They were divided as two aspects of the world, the Darkness and the Light. Ghart was known to be the God of Darkness, while Exelia was known to be the Goddess of Light. It was told that Exelia was born with a frail body, and due to that, one day Ghart have climbed down the mountain, to ask for help. Though, he wasn't used with having a crowd near him, since the siblings have stayed up the mountain together for a long time. He was dirty, so the adults disregarded him; some have abused him, even though he only wanted to help his sister. When he came back, his sister was already dead. As he wailed, Ghart cursed the world to be engulfed by the darkness. And so it became true, the sky have sympathized him and a large rain and thunderstorm have fell unto the world. By the time, this disaster have ended, Ghart have already climbed the World tree and reach the top. There he saw a fruit, which was known to be "The Forbidden Fruit", it is said the wish of the person who ate this fruit, will come true. So Ghart ate the fruit, and wished for his sister to be revived. Though, he didn't know that this wish comes off with a price. And the price which was given to him is Immortality. His sister was revived, although time had already stopped for her, which is similar to his brother's immortality. But, still, she continues to seek his brother to be his hope, to be his light in the darkness that engulfs his mind.

As Ms. Historia's story ended, I was dumb-founded. Somehow, that event in the story was kinda nostalgic for me. "So, Ghart became the God of Darkness, because of the curse he gave to this world...?" Gino said. "Yes..." Ms. Historia said. "Then, Exelia became the Goddess of Light, due to her will of seeking hope, which she soon became...?" Anna said. "Correct..." Ms. Historia said. I touched my head, as I felt a slight headache. Somehow something kinda reminds me of seeing the same events with my own eyes. Although, in a bit different view...

"Your highness...?" Ms. Historia called. "Uhm, yes?" I quickly asked. All confused. "Is something wrong?" She asked. "No, nothing Ma'am..." I gulped. "If you say so..." She said.

Days passed, and the days of the test have come. It took an entire week for the test to finish. And so, the next day, the results were announced. I ranked pretty well. Since, the tests were ranked by grade level; it was kinda impactful for someone to be first. "Well, it is..." I mumbled, as I saw my name on the first place, with Forth following me, and Kirt as the 5th, with Russell over 8th, and Reina on the 9th. Anna scored pretty well, though she was on 14th place. "Uhm, where's my name...?" Gino mumbled, as he looked for his name. "Gino...here..." Kirt said, as he pointed out to Gino's name on the 35th. "Alright...!" He cheered up. Well, he did well, because it's the first half of all the students, at least...Well, like this the tests was concluded. Now, the Royal Battle awaits us...!