Chapter 57: Training (Part 7)

It hurts, my heart hurts like hell. Maybe the pain I didn’t felt when I died is now coming back. It hurts, as if my heart is going explode out. Why now? Why does it have to come back right now when I’m already set on? When I’ve already decided? Why is it giving me hesitation now, all of a sudden? Why?! “Ed!” Russell called me. “Eh? S-Sorry were you saying something?” I asked. “No, I was just worried you look pale, why don’t you get a rest, if you’re not feeling well?” Russell said. “There’s no need to, don’t worry I’m fine…” So don’t look at me like that, I’m begging you. It’s boiling my blood, when you look at me like that. It hurts! I’m telling you I’m fine…I need to be fine…or else…! “Russell-kun!” Niahl called him. “Ah yes sir…!” Russell said, as he come rushing to Niahl. “Good Job Anna…” Reina said, as Anna comes back to the seats. “Thank you, Reina-chan…” Anna said. I looked down, as I grasped my chest. “It hurts!” I mumbled, beneath my breath. It seems that I caught their attention except for Niahl and Russell. “E--!” Forth was stopped by Reina’s signal. “Leave him be…” Reina said. “But…he’s pale…” Forth said. “Listen to me just this once… leave him be…” Reina said, as Forth stayed silent unable to defy against her. Really, why is it at times like this that I can count on you…? Russell took a deep breath, as he aimed the tip of his arrow to Niahl. “Hmm…” Niahl mumbled. “Multiply!” Russell whispered as he unleashed his arrow. Niahl slashed the arrow. Yet, thousands of arrows came flowing towards him. He managed to slash all of it. Russell repeated it again, and Niahl once again slashed all of it. It hurts, my heart hurts. I can’t hear anything. As if trying to have conversations with Niahl, Russell repeated, but the same as before Niahl managed to slash all of it. Even if I opened my eyes I can’t see anything. They repeated and repeated again. I can’t smell anything. Once again and again. “I can’t feel anything” I mumbled, as I let go of my ears. Russell unleashed thousands of his arrows again, Niahl managed to slash half of it, but some managed to bruise him this time. “Good one…” Niahl praised Russell. “Thanks sir…” Russell said. “Last is Ed-kun…!” Niahl said. “Ed?” Reina mumbled. “Ed-kun…?” Anna mumbled. “What’s wrong Ed?” Gino shook me. “Sorry, what up?” I mumbled. “It is your turn…” Forth said. “I see…” I said. “Hey, are you fine? You look pale…” Reina said. “Are you worried about me? That’s very unlike you…” I said. “What? What’s wrong with you? I’m worried of you, yet you’re like that…!” Reina scolded me. “Sorry, I’m begging you don’t look at me like that…” I said, as I went down, without turning to them. My ears are ringing. “What is that?” Anna asked. “What is what?” Gino said. “The thing that surrounds Ed-kun…” Anna said. “I don’t see anything like that…” Forth said. “Eh, but it is there…” Anna said. “What is?” Reina asked. “A black smoke, like a shadow taking over him…” Anna said. “A black smoke….?” The three of them mumbled. “I don’t see it, but I doubt it isn’t something bad…” Forth said. “Yeah!” Gino said. My ears are ringing…! I can’t breathe… Suddenly rain fell down. Somehow the smell of the rain felt nostalgic. Now that I think about it whenever summer comes my heart pounds louder, maybe because Mom died that time of season? Really, why is it that I’m getting all pessimistic now…? Why is that I get irritated of everything? Why is it that I hear a laughing a voice? A laughing voice that mocks me, that tells me I am useless…That I am not needed in this world…I covered my eyes with my hands. “Edkun..? Is something the matter?” Niahl asked. “Nnothing…”I mumbled, after clenching my teeth, in pain. “You look pale…” Niahl said. “It’s just lack of sleep, don’t mind me…” I said. “Are you sure? If you want we can postpone this battle, and have you get a sleep in your room…” Niahl said. “It’s fine!” I shouted. Niahl seems shocked, at my sudden shout that he jolted a bit. “S-sorry for shouting, but I’m really fine. If its sleep I need, I’ll get one after this battle…I really must win this battle first…!” I said, as I had my head down. Niahl looked at me, before looking at the others, as if saying “What do you think?” Of course, they gave him a doubting expression, and an urge to prevent the fight. But, Niahl averted their eyes, and looked at me again. “Fine, if that’s what you want…Come and get me!” Niahl said.