Chapter 24: Dragon's Tears

The day of second round came. The pairs were shuffled into the winner of the first and last battle, and so on. About the result of Kirt and Reina's fight "Eh? Didn't I surrender? So that makes Reina the winner, right?" and so Kirt excused. Meaning, he leave everything to me, what a selfish guy, after trying to make his reason of provoking her cool, he's leaving the rest to me now. I sighed. So, the first battle started me versus Reina!

"Well, everyone...!! Are you ready to start the day with intense?" Shiro said. "Yah!!!" Everyone cheered, as if nothing happened yesterday. I can feel an intense anger aimed towards me. I took a deep breath, as the fight started. Now, what should I do? Provoke her? Fight her like this? Which is better for her to move forward the path she wishes to walk? I took the deep silence between us, the time to think. Not the plan or strategy to take her down, but the route to make her take the first step. I sighed. I've got no choice, but to rely on that idiot's own way of thinking. "The one to take the first strike has advantages!" Reina said as she used fire claws to me, as I used my hands to block it. She kept on attacking me with fire, as I continue to blocked them and eagerly dodge some. I was bruised in my face and hands for blocking and dodging her attacks. "What is he doing?" Anna mumbled. "He's making her angry..." Kirt said. "Huh? What do you mean?" She asked. "To make it simple, he's provoking her. By making her angry, she will surely activate her dragon form unconsciously, due to her anger" Kirt explained. "But, if he continues to block Reina-chan's attacks, like that, it will leave burn marks, or possibly burn him to death. If Reina-chan used all her power, it is possible" Ana fretted. "Still, that is the only way to save Reina!" Kirt said. "Ed-kun.....We're counting on you!" Anna said.

An hour past, as we kept on doing the same exchange, it seemed to be working on Reina's behalf. "Stop blocking it, and fight me!" She shouted, as she turned into a dragon. I grinned slightly. "I've been waiting!" I said, as Kirt and Ana cheered. Though, this is not the end, yet. This is just the beginning. What I need to do, is not to defeat her, but to hear her thoughts, and make my words let through her. "Reina!!!" I shouted as loud as I can. Dragon Reina blew fire throughout the stage, as she ignored me. "She couldn't hear me...." I mumbled, as I ran towards the foot of dragon Reina. "What is it? What is it that is bothering you? Is it your fear that she might come to hate you? Or is it because you despise this form of yours? Or is it yourself that you despise? I won't get it, if you won't tell me anything, Reina!!" I shouted. "I....li....t..at...." A whisper like crying from the dragon was heard. "What, I can't understand you!" I said. "It's not like that!" A dragon, yet Reina's wavering voice cried. I smiled. "Then, what is wrong?" I asked. "Everything! Everything is wrong! It's all their fault! It's all thei-..... "She said, as she cried with wavering voice. I climbed up to her head, and patted the hard and red head of hers. "It's not their fault....it's all my fault, if I didn't become like this, nothing won't change, nothing will disappear, and nothing will be gone, from my sight" She cried. "That's wrong!!" Anna shouted, from the audience seats. "Everything will change nothing won't remain unchanged, and we can't do anything about it, because that's what kept us alive until this day that is why we, humans are able to survive, despite our coward self" Anna said, as she ran to the other side of the barrier. "Reina-chan.....it's not your fault, it's not their fault, no one is at fault here" Anna said. "A—a..." Reina said, as she struggled to call her best friend's name. "Didn't I tell you that I won't come to hate you? That I will accept you for who you are, because you are my most beloved friend" Anna said, as she tried to reach Reina from the barrier that kept us separated from them. I went down Reina. As I did, she tried to break the barrier, not by force but by her own small hand. Her dragon form was slowly fading, like crystals, the flames surrounded her. Soon, the barrier that kept them separated broke, and Reina had reverted back. All I could do was make the way for them. I sighed, as the flames surrounding Reina had fade like a petal of a crimson flower. "Uhm, now uhm Prince Edward, by this who wins the battle?" Shiro asked. I looked at Reina, as she looked at me. We smiled at each other. "I surrender" Reina said, as she raised her hand. The audience that was silent earlier, cheered eagerly.

Reina was sent to the infirmary, for some reason Gino was still there. "Why are you still here? Weren't you fully healed already?" I asked. "Yeah, well, I kinda can't make myself go see you guys, like a bit shyness of mine" He chuckled. "Will it rain?" I asked. "Why the heck?" Gino complained, as we all laughed. As if the wrath in her heart was washed away by the rain, Reina smiled cheerfully.

I yawned, as I walked the hallway with Kirt. "Hey, Ed?" Kirt mumbled. "Hmm, what is it?" I asked him. "Why did you use my way? Didn't you say it was a bit vexing?" He said. "Well, yeah, but it was the only way, that I could think of that time, the only way to save her" I smirked. "Hahaha, I see that you are a bit of romantic" He laughed. "I'm not! Sheesh...." I said. I looked up the red sky, with the sun setting down. It looked fleeting like the crimson flower she showed us, during the hard times for her. The hard times, that she couldn't call anyone for help that she could only wish, that someday. Someday, someone who will accept her as she is will come, like a blessing of God, in her miserable life. Anna hugged Reina tightly, as she slept at the infirmary's bed with her.

"I'm glad that you found the person Reina...although, it is a bit frustrating that it isn't me though..." I sighed. "Ed, don't tell me you really love..." As he was about say something, that I will surely regret if I let him, I interrupted him, "Like hell...!" If it was true, it'll be my secret..."Plus, why the hell are you wide awake these days...?" I asked. "Something interesting is happening out there, how can I sleep...?" He chuckled. "You surely an idiot..." I sighed, as I laughed. Kirt smiled at me. I felt it, the faint step we made, today, and will from now on...