Chapter 23: Crimson Flower

"Everyone! Are you still fired up?" Shiro shouted, as the audience cheered. "Well, unfortunately this is our last battle for the day" Shiro said, as the audience "boo" in disappointment. "Battle, Ready---"Shiro was interrupted by the raised hand of Kirt. "What's wrong does your tummy aches?" Reina asked. "Like hell! Uhm, May I surrender?" He asked. The whole audience went in a silence for a minute. "EHH????" They all shouted in confusion.

The silence of the audience was interrupted by Kirt's mumbling. "Eh? Kirt-kun, why are you surrendering?" Shiro asked. "Well....I don't feel like fighting" He said. "What the heck do you mean, you bastard, you plannin' to run with your tails!" Reina said, with fire surrounding her. Somehow, some scales were seen from her body. "What is that?" Anna mumbled. "That is her real self, but just the prologue of it...Ana this is what she didn't want you to see, her pitiful self, well saying that will only scale it up, though...." I said, as Reina filled with anger, as she suddenly turned into a red dragon, big enough to break the barrier in one flick of a finger. "Grahhh!!" The red dragon roared. "Her pitiful dragon...self" I added.

"Hmmm, what's wrong Lux?" Gino mumbled, as Lux who was supposed to be looking after him, or so Reina said, went near the window. "Puu, puu" Lux mumbled. "Is something wrong?" Gino asked him. He looked at Gino as he barked. "Did something happen to them?" Gino mumbled, as he looked at the Arena by the window of the infirmary.

"As I thought..." Kirt mumbled. I jumped in the stage. "Wai- Prince Edward, why are you going inside there?" Shiro asked in panic. "I'm going to save her!" I said, as I ran near Kirt. I took a deep breath. "Ed..?" Kirt mumbled. I smacked him. "W-why did you do that?!" He asked. "Because you were an idiot!" I said. "Huh...?!" Kirt said. "You didn't want to fight her due to the bothersome you felt, but you ended up adding more bother, you idiot..!" I scolded him. He remained silent. I sighed. "Everyone, please leave at once, it isn't safe...!" I shouted, as the dragon form Reina broke the barrier. Everyone went out the Arena panicking. "Ed-kun...!" Ana shouted. "You go too, Ana!" I said. "No, I'll stay here, I want to...." She said, as if she will cry any time right now. "Okay, you can protect yourself, right?" I asked, as I turned over the dragon. "Yeah!"

"What are you planning, Ed?" Kirt asked. "Huh? I've got nothing, all I have is gambling..." I said. "Huh? Then, what are we going to do?" Kirt asked. "I don't know, plus, if you didn't provoke her this won't happen" I said. "I know, this is half my fault, but she must show this to us someday, so this is the right time or so I thought, instead of hurting herself anymore" Kirt said, as I smacked him. "What was that for?" He said. "Even if you try to look cool, it doesn't suits you, plus this is all your fault, never mind a half of it! So you'll have to help me, even if you don't want to!" I said, as I jumped. "Alright!" Kirt said, as he followed me.

Kirt used his shadow to restrain Reina. As I tried to devour her dragon form. Unfortunately, it didn't get devoured, more or less it wasn't a magic. Instead of her dragon form, the fire she spread around got devoured, by my magic. "Ah, Ed-kun...Kirt-kun, buy me all the time you can, I'll try to deactivate her dragon form, by the song!" Anna said as she came running near us in the audience seats. "Song...?" I mumbled. I suddenly remembered seeing her sing in some weird places during the day Reina consult me. So she was a songstress. "Alright..!" I said.

We kept on attacking Reina with less force magic and physical attacks, as Ana sang with all her might. Her voice was very beautiful, like her timid self was all a façade. She sang, as she converted the words she wanted to say to Reina into a melody. Like she was saying, "It is okay, because I can accept you whether you are a monster or darkness itself, because you are my best friend, and I care for you from the bottom of my heart". I suddenly remembered that Fiore once told me that songs are another way to let your own words through. This is her own way of communication, her own timid way.

After two hours, Reina's scales were slowly being taken off from its body. Soon, she suddenly turned back to human, she was about to fell off from the sky. As if she was in a mecha's cockpit, she fell from the sky as her dragon form disappeared, thanks to Ana's song. Kirt caught her in the midway air by his shadow, and put her down in Ana's front, which had just gotten off into the stage. "Devour!" I said, as I turned all of the fire around Reina's body into ether particles. "Reina-chan..." Anna sobbed, as she hugged her best friend in her arms. "There are still some scales on her body...we need to bring her to the infirmary. Kirt, you go call Shiro and tell him everything, me and Ana will bring Reina to the infirmary" I said. "Okay!" He said, as he rushed.

We laid Reina down in the bed next Gino's. "What happened to her?" Gino asked. "Dragon..." I said. "Dragon? What do you mean?" Gino asked. "Have you two heard of a story like this?" I started.

In the Sernathe Kingdom, lived a cheerful and cute little princess, with her beautiful Mother and kind father, alongside her older sister, the crowned princess. One day, a certain event caused the girl to lose all of her happiness in life. Some assassins infiltrate their palace. Killing the princess's mother, and beating up and raping her sister, causing her sister to get ill, due to traumatic experiences. The little girl saw her very own mother get killed, and her very own sister get raped. Anger filled the girl's pure white heart. Suddenly, her anger emitted flames. Crimson flowers filled the palace, as the little girl turned into a dragon. The palace was break in half, the girl soon reverted back. But, the fact that her mother died and that her sister got trauma, won't change. Soon, the girl grew up into an emotionless girl, wishing to not hurt anyone anymore. She put a distance between her and the others.

"And that is...Reina..." Gino said. "Yup, that's Reina, this very own Reina we are all seeing right now" I said. "No way, that's too sad..."Ana said, as she cried, with Reina's left hand covered by her two hands. "But, then, why did she turn into a dragon?" Gino asked, trying to be a little calm than he could. "Somehow, the Arledimeth family was formerly known for their shape shifting abilities. An ability to change its user's form by their own accord, and emotions" I said. "So you saying, her anger brought forth the form of a Dragon?" Gino said. "Yup, she can't fully use the ability of shape shifting, so she can only use the form of dragon and with a condition of activating it when she's really really angry" I said. "To make it short, she can't control it as her own..." Kirt said. "Kirt...!" I exclaimed. "The report's all done; Shiro and the others are repairing the Arena. And, by the way, Akari said she'll come to heal Reina later, after the repair" Kirt said. "Akari, ah the red hair sibling..." I said. Gino clenched his fist. "There's no point if you pitied her..." Kirt said. "Kirt..." Gino mumbled. "Coz' this young lady isn't and hasn't wished for anyone to pity her. What she need is acknowledgement by anyone..." Kirt said. "Still....it's frustrating...!" Gino said. We remained silent, as we looked at Reina who was sleeping, with some scales on her body.

Later, Akari went to check up Reina. She said, that it doesn't show any danger to her life span, and that the scales will be gone after a day. But, will everything really be okay, like how we act?