Chapter 13: New Friends, New Bonds

"Ed! Ed...! Wake up, Ed!" A familiar voice woke me up from my slumber. "Hmm....Good morn...ing...Russe...ll..." I mumbled, as I woke up drowsy. "Good morning, now get ready for today!" He said, as he pulled me out from my blanket.

I yawned, as we went out the room. "Morning, you two..." Reina greeted us, while Ana hid behind her. "G-good morning....Edward-kun....Russell-kun..." She said, as she soon hid behind Reina again. "Good morning, Ana, Reina" I greeted them, with Russell. "Good morning, ladies and gentleman...!" Gino greeted cheerfully. "Good morning Gino..." Russell said. "Hmm, the morning breeze awaits us, I can already smell the soup's aroma made by the kitchen maid" Kirt giggled. I smacked him slightly. "Good morning, Kirt..." I said, with a smile. "No hesitation again today, huh...?" Kirt mumbled.

Lately, I've found myself getting along with the problem children that made our homeroom teacher cough many times, during introduction. By getting along with them, I've noticed something about them.

Russell was a mother-like figure. He is kind, disciplined and reliable. This past 3 weeks, the reason that I, a person who can't get up early unless woken up, had managed to get early. Because of Russell's good-will of always waking me up by time. He is really a reliable friend, to have, but sometimes it can be a trouble, because he is an airhead, which can be called cute, I guess...And he can be pretty glutton.

Ana who is bad at communicating with others, especially towards guys, have come to gotten used to greeting us, thanks to her roommate, Reina. Meanwhile, Reina who stated that she won't be friends with any of us, had her cold heart warmed down by the angel, Ana. Lately, my nose has been doing badly, because of this two, showing me my imaginations in 3d version.

Gino, on the other side, is still a flirt, but he is taking the knight's pledge, seriously. He can be an over-relaxed guy, but when it comes to responsibilities, he is sometimes like Russell.

Kirt is a weird one. He always mumble things to himself, but a smack always brings him back the reality, he is a somewhat a chuunibyou, and he is very lazy.

"Sheesh, you are all noisy, despite it being only morning, yet..." Forth mumbled, as he passes by us. "Good morning, Forth!" Gino greeted. "Hmph..." He said, as he walked straightly, without turning back. He is a stubborn and awkward guy.

Forth's room is the nearest to the other stairs down, yet, he always take a round trip to the next stairs, which passes by our rooms. And he always mumbled some insult, like that as he passes by. Surely, he wants to be friends with us, yet he is too shy to admit it. He is like Reina, in other words....a tsundere. Well, because of my position, somehow the other kids don't talk with me, so I am the same as these guys who they disregard to talk to.

"Now, this realm was formerly known by the other name, "Midgard" it was changed as "Exelia" after the second holy war, as respect for Exelia-sama" Our history teacher, Historia Chronicus, continued to lecture the history about the world. I didn't have any interest by what she was lecturing, coz' as a young boy I've finished all the volumes of the world's history, and have memorized it using magic. "Now, in Yggdrasil, 8 more realms, except for our realm, exist. Can someone name that 8?" She asked. I stared at Forth. I expected that he can answer it normally. "What's wrong with him?" I mumbled. "Animo..." I thought, as I look into his mind. "What was it again? Ortlinde, Siegrune...no, these are the name of Valkyries...!" He thought. What a noisy mind you have there. He is fully-aware that those were Valkyrie names, yet, he can't remember the name of the realms. I sighed. I guess I have no choice.

I raised my hand. "Ok, Mr. Collins..." Ms. Historia said, as she noticed me. "First is the Asgard on the very top of the World tree, where the Aesir gods lives. Next is, Alfheim near us over the right, known as the Realm of light elves, or also known as "Ljósálfar". Third is, Muspelheim, known as the realm of fire, which is the contrast of Nilfheim that is known to be realm of ice. Fifth is, Vanaheim, known to be the realm of the other clan of Gods called, "Vanirs". Sixth is, Jotunheim, which is known to be realm of Giants. Next, is Myrkheim, which is also known as Niðavellir, and is also known to be the realms of Dwarves. Lastly, is Helheim, which is known as the realm of the dead or underworld, in other words" I said, before I took a deep breath. "Okay, y-you may sit now..." Ms. Historia said. Oh no, it seems that I made a teacher cough, again

"Well, that was surprising earlier. I thought there was a talking book, when I blinked it was just Ed..." Gino said. "Hehehe, you showed you true co—ouch..!" Kirt said, as I smacked him back once again. "Well, I was kinda expecting for Forth, to answer though..." Russell said. "You're right, what happened to him...?" Gino said. I can't say. I can't say that he was bothered by the Valkyrie names.

"Is this seat taken?" Reina asked. "No, you can take it..."Russell said. "Thank you..." She said, as she sat down. "By the way, let's put aside Forth, have you heard about it?" Gino said, as he whispered to us. "About what...?" We asked, expect for Ana and Reina. "About the ghost..." He added. "Ah... Kinda, but isn't it all just a bluff...?" I said. "Maybe, that's why I started investigating, want to hear?" He asked, with a glance. "Say it..." I gulped.

According to Gino's investigation, during night up to midnight, before the sun rises, a girl covered with fog takes a stroll over the forest. She is wearing a white one piece, and when you approach her, you can see her vaguely, like a ghost...

"That's why, I'm thinking of checking it later, evening. Who wants to go?" Gino asked. "It doesn't matter to me..." Reina said. "Well, it does matter to us, especially you two, Ed, Reina" Gino said. "Why?" We asked, in sync. "Well, it seems that this girl is destroying some trees in the forest, and also has killed some animals. Soon, she will reach our school, and destroy it, after that, she will surely destroy the kingdoms, don't you think? So it matters you two, because you are both the future rulers of your own kingdoms, right?" Gino said. "Well, I'll be going!" I said. "How' bout you Ana...?" Reina asked. "I'll go, if you go, Reina-chan..." She said. "I see...We'll be going too" Reina said. "Good, and Forth who's been listening to us there, are you also coming?" Gino asked, as Forth jolt. "I'll only be going so I can reassure that you guys won't be doing anything bad...alright?" Forth said, with a slight blush. "Alright...!" We said. And so, our short adventure is about to fold by the next page.