Chapter 26: Written as Rival and Read as Friend (Part 2)

"How come you're glaring at me like that, Forth?" Russell said. Forth remained silent as he tilted his glasses. "Silence, huh? If I wasn't your enemy right now, surely the other will froze to death, are you planning on killing me?!" Russell asked. "I must..." Forth mumbled. "Huh?" Russell asked. "I must win, no matter the circumstances are, no matter what the consequences will be..." Forth said, as he glared at Russell. "Were you that stubborn?" Russell chuckled. "Don't talk like you know me...!" Forth said, as he tried to freeze Russell again, although, Russell was able to dodge it. . "It's like what you said, I don't know you much, at least that's how things are supposed to be" Russell said. Now he took one step. "What are you saying?" Forth asked him with cold eyes, that he soon averted. "Look at me in the eye!" Russell shouted and charged at Forth's strike zone, causing them to clash. Forth blocks all of Russell replicated ice attacks with his own ice. "If only you told me the reason, I would let you off winning. But..!" Russell said. Forth remained silent, but for some reason he continue to resist, on not letting Russell pass through the wall of ice, between them. "But..! Like hell I would let a friend suffer all alone...! That's not me at all...! That's not me...!!" Russell shouted. Forth remained silent, as his body unconsciously deflected all of Russell's attacks. Somehow, his once cold eyes have turning into a wary look. I see, so that kid in my dream was Forth. He wanted that person to acknowledge him, so he's trying his best. His trying to pass the limit of the things he can do, all alone, he suffers...

"Freeze!" Forth said, as some ice nearly stabbed Russell, if he didn't move back. His magic was as cold as his eyes. This isn't the Forth we knew, more or less the Forth I knew. The Forth I knew is smart, coward and shy, he isn't cold-hearted like this. What is it? What is it that is keeping him? Don't tell me, that dream was somehow a vision of precautions?

"Who are you to act like you know me?!" He said, with a glare. "Don't speak on a tone like you know everything!" He added, as his ice surrounded him. "I thought we were already friends...."Russell mumbled. "Huh?" Forth glared at me. "I thought we were already friends, and I did what a friend must do to help his friend! That's all it matters! Since, when did I know you? Since, when have I stated that I knew you well? I don't, I don't cause you won't show us your true self! You were awkward, coward, shy, smart, sore loser, that's how we looked at you! We didn't pity you even if we knew your past by your name! Cause we don't have the obligation to judge others! To pity others!" Russell shouted, as he tried to break Forth's cold ice, and cold heart with his cold, yet warm ice. . "That's why we are given mouth, to let our feelings through. So Forth, please tell me about yourself, tell us!" Russell said, as he tried to reach the cold heart of the Forth right now. He was right. We didn't pity him when we knew his past by his name. The massacre of the Torthen family, leaving Forth and his father, with his older sister's head hanged in the lance of the statue in their house, and his younger brother's body burned in the chimney, and his mother's corpse in shatters. It was probably one of the reason why Forth had this much cold heart. "All I wanted was his consolation. I only yearned for his kindness, yet he let out of his wrath to me. I didn't once cried when I learned that everyone except me and him died, cause I thought that I can walk the path for another day, because I have him, but he didn't need me unlike how I need him. All I wanted was simple warmth of a parent. That was all...." Forth kneeled as he cried, as his ice soon melt. Russell went near him. "I'm not him, but would it be fine if the warmth that can comfort you for this day is mine?" Russell said, as he held out his hand. "Hahah, what an absurd thing to say...." Forth said, as he took Forth's hand. "It is my loss...." He added, as he fell down. "Winner Russell Figmorth!!" Shiro said.

After that, Forth entered Russell's waiting room. "Uhm, sorry earlier...you had to see my lame side" Forth apologized, as he try to look away scratching the back of his neck, as he blushed. "I don't mind, but I didn't expect you to be a Papa's boy, Forth" Russell said. We laughed. "What the..?! I'm not!" Forth denied the fact. I sighed. I guess you could say, "Written as Rival and Ridden as Friend" In a perfect timing like this. I hope this kind of trivial yet precious days would go on as time pass by, without any interference, that will surely broke it. If there is really a God out there, I ask you to let things stay this way even just for a while. As an elder inside, I wish for this kids' happiness. I ask of you, from the bottom of my heart, God

Somewhere, sitting in a King's throne-like chair, a middle-aged man wearing a thin cloth, showing his stomach, smirked as he leaned his face over his right hand. "Unfortunately, everything wouldn't go your way, Hakuya....I mean Prince Edward" He chuckled.