Chapter 28

Sam was perfectly fine. He just had a fracture on his right leg. He was sitting there flirting with the nurse. Unbelievable, I was freaking out for nothing. There were so many thoughts in my mind during those 15 mins. "What's up buddy" he said when he saw me. "How in the world did that happen to you?" I asked sitting on a chair next to him. "I was skate boarding and I tried coming down the stairs on my board. And I tripped" he said, putting his hand behind his neck out of embarrassment. "The woman who called me freaked me out. I thought something major happened to you. Anyway I'm glad your okay buddy" I said patting his right leg. "Oww! Bitch that leg hurts" he said rubbing his leg. "Whatever girl" I said smirking. "I'm going to call val and tell her everything is fine" I told him getting up to leave the room. I went out and called Val. I informed her about Sam and that there was nothing t worry about. Sam was not required to stay there. He got discharged and I dropped him to his place. On my way I told him about my date, and that I asked Val to be my girl. By the time I reached home it was midnight. I was tired as hell. I was walking towards my room and as usual I could here voices from my parents room. It's not the sound I wanted to here. As usual they were fighting. Suddenly Mom opened the door and walked out in anger. She was crying. She saw me and was startled. She quickly hid her tears by wiping them off. "Hi baby, did you just get back?" She asked. I nodded yes. "How's Sam?" "He's fine" I said walking towards my room again. "Kian, listen" she said stopping me. "It's not what it looks like okay. Dad and I love each other. We just tend to have a difference in opinion" she said. "Whatever Mom, I'm not a kid. I can clearly see what's going on" I said and walked away from there. I could hear sobbing noise behind me, which were fading as I was walking away. Slamming the door behind me, I went straight to my bed and lay there in silence. Reliving my entire day. But the site of my mom crying would distract me. I quickly changed and went down to the hall where my mom was sitting. I noticed my mom was sitting at the bar with a drink in her hand, lost in her thoughts. I was about to go down when I noticed dad walking towards her. He put his arms around her. Hugging her from behind. They exchanged some words I couldn't hear. Mom got up and hugged dad. They both exchanged a peck and then went back to their room. That site was all I wanted to see. It got a smile on my face. It changed my view about by parents. I went back to my room. Sent Val a good night message. "good night babe. I miss not having you next to me. Can't wait to see you tomorrow - kiki" She didn't reply, since she had already slept. I kept my phone and drifted away to my world of dreams, waking up to the noise of someone knocking on my door.