Simon's Invitation: Jungwoo

*Jungwoo's POV*

I felt my eyes automatically open when the phone I had placed next to my head started ringing ceaselessly.

I yawned tiredly and while flashing a sleepy smile I answered:

"Hello..."

"Oh my...Jungwoo I-I mean Mr. Kim did...did I wake you up I'm sorry I-I will call you lat-"

"Hey, Minseo."

"Yes sir?"

"Breathe."

I told her and chuckled at her reaction.

"I'm sorry sir-"

"And cut the formalities, I told you to call me Jungwoo."

"Ok, Jungwoo."

I smiled and scratched my eyes.

"So...is there anything important you wanted to tell me?"

"Oh right sir- I...I mean Jungwoo! It's actually not important I will ask you later."

"Minseo." I paused. "You called me even if it's not important tell me."

"Ok, umm...it's about the shop Jungwoo...the weather is not very sunny today should I bring inside the flowers that are placed outside in case it rains again?"

I closed my eyes and stretched my body.

"Hmmm... no don't do that. I don't think it will rain again."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

I smiled.

"Ok Jungwoo!"

"Thank you for calling me Minseo, see? This question wasn't so unimportant after all."

"Yes Jungwoo you're right...so...I will see you later I guess?"

"See you later."

I answered and ended the phone call.

I smiled and got up from my bed.

"What a beautiful day... "

I thought to myself as I looked outside of a small window. The weather was cloudy and kinda languid, but majestic at the same time. Every day was special, every day was beautiful. Today is different than yesterday and it would be petty to not appreciate every single moment. That's what my mother always told me. She also told me that everything happens for a reason...but I start to doubt this opinion.

After taking a shower I started getting ready for work. I dried my hair and left my apartment.

--

I walked towards the flower shop I worked at. In fact this shop was my mother's but I was taking care of it temporarily. I continued smiling with every step I took. The air was fresh and chilly at the same time. Today I had a lot work to do so I couldn't visit my mother but...what if just paid her a small, quick visit this morning? I could tell Minseo to cover for me, I knew it wasn't right but...just for today.

After finally arriving to the shop I entered it and noticed Minseo organizing some of the flowers. She had her long black hair tied on a loose ponytail and was so concentrated on her work, that didn't even saw me watching her.

"Good morning!"

I announced enthusiastically and she jumped.

"You scared me!"

She shouted and touched her chest scared.

"Sorry."

I apologized innocently.