Small Revelations

Mark quickly grabbed his jacket, his phone and exited his apartment.

"Pfff....dammit."

He sighed anxious.

It was already 9.30 and he still wasn't at the café. Probably Haechan was waiting for him there. It wasn't ordinary for Mark to be late and the times he was he did it on purpose or he didn't care enough to be on time. However today was a different case. Sunday was the only day he could sleep as much as he wanted but Haechan decided to destroy his plans. Although Mark never rejected the idea of waking up early in the first place.

When he exited his apartment building he started running. Thankfully the café wasn't located very far from his house. The morning breeze caressed carefully his face as he run. Today wasn't a sunny day but at least it wasn't raining, for now.

Mark finally arrived outside the café out of breathe, only to find a serious Haechan waiting for him outside.

"Tsk...tsk...tsk..." The boy said and took out his earbuds. "You see this?...You're late Lee." He announced fake-strictly while showing Mark the time from his phone screen.

"9...40..."

Mark exhaled, still trying to catch his breath.

"Exactly, you're ten minutes late. I was starting to think you wouldn't show up."

"Sorry..."

Mark apologized while breathing heavily.

Haechan's expression changed from serious to surprised. "Dude chill...it's ok I was just joking." He laughed and touched Mark's shoulder. "Let's go for a walk now."

"Ok..."

And both of them started walking around the city, without having any specific destination in their minds.

--

"Good morning baby."

Areum said and Jaehyun opened his eyes.

"Good morning."

His wife smiled and planted a small kiss on his forehead. "I'm going to make breakfast, in the meantime you can relax a little."

"Ok..."

Jaehyun said and watched his wife exiting their room.

"Fuck..." Jaehyun thought and massaged his temples. "As if my problems weren't enough."

That's right. He had a mission to complete, and not an easy one. It was his first mission and the 4th one in total. At least that's what Simon had said. Jaehyun only knew about one mission, about Jungwoo's mission, but apparently the others that completed their missions decided to keep them secret. He didn't blame them though, he was going to keep his one a secret as well. Jaehyun recalled last night, he hoped that it was just a nightmare, but it really wasn't.

~

"Hello?"

"Hello Jaehyun. I'm Simon and this is your first mission and the 4th one in total."

Jaehyun didn't answer, he remembered this deep, metallic voice. He was sure that this voice was going to haunt his dreams forever.

"You're not answering but I'm going to continue. As you may have noticed this is a real call and not a recorded message. I would recommend you to not bother finding this phone's location because even if you try, you won't be able to find anything. Jaehyun are you still there?"

Simon asked and Jaehyun returned back to reality. He was so tired, that at this point he couldn't tell if this was his imagination or not. "Y...yes..."