If only...

*Jungwoo's POV*

And just like that...

Only in a small, sudden moment.

Everything...my everything was gone.

Forever.

And there was nothing I could do to bring them back.

To bring her back.

My mother...was dead...

And that couldn't be reversed.

Maybe if I worked more...

Maybe if I worked harder and got a third job...I could save her...before it was too late...

But now...it didn't matter.

My dreams and wishes got crushed.

--

"Mommy!!" The little boy shouted and rushed to his mother, while holding a flower on his right hand.

"Yes Jungwoo?"

"This is my favorite flower!!" The child announced proudly, as if he had done something great, and that's how he felt. He finally had found his favorite flower.

The woman laughed. "It's a sunflower Jungwoo..."

"Sunflowers are pretty..." The kid pouted and brought the flower to his nose to smell it. He made a grimace. "My sunflower is broken....it doesn't smell nice."

His mother chuckled. "Sunflowers don't have a scent Jungwoo."

"Pff..." The boy came closer to his mother and watched her working. "Mum what's your favorite flower?"

"Hm..." The woman thought for a moment and with the scissors she was holding cut a ribbon. "Blue roses."

"Blue roses?...Why mum?"

"Because for me...they symbolize mystery...it's not a regular color Jungwoo and it was your father's favorite flower as well..." The lady said. "Blue roses don't really exist you know."

"What do you mean?"

"You can make a white rose blue with paint, but blue roses don't naturally exist."

The boy looked at his mother shocked, earning a laugh from her.

"You didn't know that? Not everything is always as it seems Jungwoo." The woman said and took a blue rose out of the bouquet she was preparing, handing it to the boy.

"This flower looks real and it is...but the color isn't." She said. "It's beautiful though, isn't it?"

"It is..." The boy said and touched the flower's petals.

"The color isn't coming out Jungwoo." She laughed. "It's been dyed in a way to make it seem real."

"Wow..."

This was a big surprise for him. He didn't know that you could paint roses to make them any color you like. Could this happen to other flowers too?

Even though it was fake...it looked so real...

"Do you like this bouquet Jungwoo?" His mother asked, bringing him back to reality.

"Yes!! It's beautiful."

--

But Jungwoo right now remembered this moment and cried. He had been strong for too long...and this was his breaking point.