The 15th Mission

*Taeyong's POV*

Why would I play this game...

Which is... truly my deepest desire?

I...

I can't answer this question.

Not because I don't want to, but because there's not a specific answer.

"Fulfill my deepest wishes..." But...what is the thing that I'm craving for?

A small smile appeared on my lips and I looked up to the morning sky. The sun was nowhere to be found, covered by a thick layer of dense fog. But this was it. This was the reality, the only reality I was able to face.

The game however...promised me a different one.

"Fulfill my deepest wishes."

Do I have wishes that I don't know?

or...

Do I have wishes that I try to deny? To even hide from myself?

My steps unconsciously continued, hitting rhythmically the harsh surface of the pavement. This city...felt empty...

But was this town the only thing that was empty?

A ray of sunlight could now be distinguished in front of me. My smile disappeared, and for a spare moment I stopped, to look at this beautiful bright light.

I faced upwards, trying to find any other trace of the morning sunlight.

But it was nowhere to be found.

A deep sigh escaped from my lips and I continued walking, that's the only thing I could do as well.

Walk.

Until I reach the end.

I have to reach the end. In fact, I must reach it.

Sounds selfish, I know but...

I looked back at the small area that was exposed to the sun.

Now there was a way. A way to change this reality.

A weak smile appeared on my lips and I started heading towards my job.

Just another day, similar to yesterday.

Maybe...

--

"Yuta can I ask you something?" Doyoung spoke and turned around his chair to look at the other man.

"Umm...sure?" Yuta answered slightly confused, taken aback from his friend's sudden interest. "What is it about?" The man asked, sitting on the sofa behind him, as he had entered the room only a few seconds earlier.

"Do you think you know who Simon is?"

Yuta's eyes widened. He tried to figure out if the man was serious, but the moment he established that fact, a chuckle escaped from his lips. "What?" He asked, slightly giggling. "Why would you ask that?"

"Because..." Doyoung sighed. "There must be something I'm not noticing...you know...something that connects all the murders."

"Connects?" Yuta asked, knowing exactly what Doyoung meant. "Do you think that all of the murders are connected?" Wait, did Sicheng and Jungwoo know who Simon was as well? No, it was very unlike...but Doyoung had a point. Haechan's and Mark's murders were in fact connected.

"I could be wrong..." Doyoung said. "But...we don't know the reason why Mark is dead, nor the reason why Haechan was killed."

Right. Nobody knew about Mark besides Haechan, Yuta and...