The End of a new Start

Johnny was currently sitting in his office, taking a look at various files, making sure that everything was perfect. Although there was something that wouldn't leave his mind, something that he never imagined that would trouble him so much. He wasn't able to focus properly thanks to this stupid question.

"Who is Simon?"

He knew that Simon was just an idiot, but which one of them wanted so badly to play this ridiculous game?

He had someone in mind actually, someone who seemed suspicious from the very beginning.

If needed, he was willing to unravel this mystery on his own.

Sighing, he got up from his chair, leaving the papers he was holding on his desk. He was frustrated by this situation, he really was, as he felt that his life was way too important to end because of a childish game.

Was he scared? No. Johnny just felt exposed and not in an enjoyable way.

He left his office and got in the elevator, while walking people looked at him curiously, but he didn't mind them. It was rare for Johnny to leave from his floor but the help he was seeking for wasn't there.

He continued walking and stopped only when he reached the desk of one of his employees. This employee was at the research department, on the 2nd floor, and was very reliable.

The kid was so absorbed with his work that didn't notice Johnny standing in front of him.

"Ehm..."

Johnny pretended to clear his throat.

The boy looked up and widened his eyes, falling almost from his chair.

"Mr...Mr. Seo!"

He got up to bow but Johnny stopped him.

"Kim Sangchul, come with me."

Johnny said and the boy immediately followed behind him.

"Where...where are we going sir?"

"Don't worry you're not fired."

Johnny stated as they both got in the elevator.

"I just find you a very reliable employee and want you to do me a favor."

He announced and both of them entered his office, after exiting the elevator.

"What...what kind of favor are you talking about Mr. Seo?"

"Don't worry, you will get paid extra if you agree to do it."

Johnny said as he sat on his chair, Sangchul seating in one of the other chairs that were placed in front of the desk.

"Ok sir ,but, what favor are we talking about?"

"Just a small research, on someone."

"Ok-"

Johnny interrupted him. "Although Sangchul you have to keep this a secret, nobody can know about this research."

"Ok sir...is it a rival company?"

"It's a person actually."

Johnny stated and took out his phone.

"What do you want to know about them sir?"

"The more things you can find about them the better." Johnny stated bluntly and continued. "So...do you accept my offer?"

The young man hesitated at first, but eventually accepted the offer.