Is he really-

*The next morning*

*Beep Beep*

Taeil opened his eyes abruptly and quickly shifted from his bed, moving his upper body up, due to the distinct sound of the alarm clock ticking keenly.

While placing one of his hands on his chest, the man breathed out slowly, trying to relax from the tension this annoying sound had created moments earlier. He could hear his fade, loud heartbeats becoming inaudible, but the alarm that caused him so much stress was still ringing, making him more irritated than he already was.

Clicking his tongue, he looked at the alarm clock and an angry expression appeared on his face. With a swift and sudden move, Taeil hit with force the object, finally causing the piercing sound to stop.

"Aghh..." He exhaled calmly, and took a better look at the clock, which caused him to sigh and lay back on the mattress of his bed. "I have 1 more hour..." The man announced tiredly to himself but got up again, after realizing that there was no way he would fall asleep again.

Without any second thought, he picked up his phone from the bedside table and started scrolling down the news page. He really didn't know what else to do in order to kill some of his spare time.

But then an article caught his attention. An article attached with a video.

The man shook his head left and right and rubbed his eyes, in order to make sure that this article was really about the person he thought it was.

"J...Jaehyun..." He stuttered and clicked on the video.

The more the video played the more shocked Taeil felt.

When it finally finished, he stood in front of the screen frozen, watching it, staring at it, trying to comprehend everything he watched and learned from this video. He didn't know why this happened and he felt shocked, not knowing what was he supposed to do with this kind of information.

After gaining back his senses, he sent the link of the video in the group chat:

--

*The user Moon Taeil has shared a link*

Moon Taeil:
Guys...I think you need to watch this...

Moon Taeil:
What the hell is going on?

Nakamoto Yuta:
What do you mean? What happened?

Moon Taeil:
Just...click the link...

Yuta furrowed his eyebrows and clicked the link Taeil had sent. Judging from the way Taeil responded, he must have been very shocked with the information this link contained.

Then a video started, and the reporter started addressing the news:

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen. We have just been informed from the police that a man in his 20s, named Jung Jaehyun last night around 22.00 p.m. turned himself in at the local police station. He admitted his own crimes by his own will, which included robbing a bank and the mysterious murder of Kim Minhyuk. When he was asked if he would like to hire a lawyer or to be tried, he refused and just said that there was nothing that could be done in order to change the outcome. After some tests he was found guilty, and for proof he even showed the officers the strange mask with which he robbed the bank. We are still awaiting for more specific details, but it's very clear to the officers that Jung Jaehyun is found guilty."

Yuta opened slightly his mouth and just stared at the screen. He automatically recalled yesterday's conversation.

"Why does it feel like you're saying goodbye forever?"

When he asked this question...he really hoped he would get a different answer. But even with the one he got, he wasn't able to understand the meaning behind the man's words.

"Because I am Yuta."

But why...why did he do this?

Because he found out the truth...but...was this the only way?

The only way...he wanted to use it?

"Goodbye."

Maybe this was the end.

Maybe this was Jaehyun's end.

He reached the final line.

--

Kim Doyoung:
JAEHYUN DID WHAT?!

Moon Taeil:
I still...I still can not believe he would do something like this.

Kim Doyoung:
I didn't know about his other mission besides the robbery but...isn't he forgetting that he is still playing the game?

Seo Johnny:
What if this was a mission?

Kim Doyoung:
What do you mean?

Seo Johnny:
I mean...maybe Simon told him to hand himself in.

Moon Taeil:
But isn't Simon supposed to help us fulfill our wishes?

Seo Johnny:
Is he?

Moon Taeil:
What do you mean?

Seo Johnny:
I mean that maybe our wishes can not be fulfilled. Not all of them at least.

Moon Taeil:
This is nonsense! Why are we playing this stupid game then?

Nakamoto Yuta:
Because you accepted the invitation.

Kim Doyoung:
Not all of us did. I never had anything that I wished for.

Nakamoto Yuta:
What if...what Jaehyun just did wasn't a mission?

Moon Taeil:
Then what? Did he do it by his own will?

Nakamoto Yuta:
Maybe he did...

Seo Johnny:
Why would he do that?

Moon Taeil:
Exactly!

Nakamoto Yuta:
What if he reached the end?

Moon Taeil:
Was admitting his own crimes one of his wishes?

Nakamoto Yuta:
Maybe it was.

Kim Doyoung:
No, I don't think that's it Yuta. It doesn't make sense.

Moon Taeil:
I agree.

Kim Doyoung:
There must be something else going on. And I will try to find out what it is.

Nakamoto Yuta:
But what if I'm right?

Kim Doyoung:
I think that your statement being correct is a very unlike Yuta, but I'm not saying that you are completely wrong. You may be right after all.

Seo Johnny:
So, how are you going to find out what is going on Doyoung?

Kim Doyoung:
I will have to ask his family about it. But I'm not going to mention the game to them because I doubt that they know about it. I will only ask if they knew that he was going to do this or not.

Moon Taeil:
And how are you going to find his family?

Kim Doyoung:
They will be on the news. I will just pay them a visit and ask some questions.

--

~

Yuta's phone started ringing. He looked at the contact's name and felt his heart dropping. He didn't want to answer the phone call, but deep down knew he had no other choice.

"Hello?"

"Hello Yuta, I'm Simon and this is your 2nd mission and the 11th one in total."

~

~What are your thoughts?🤔~