⁰¹⁸ | heart thief

As you walk back home from your first day at the internship, you feel like some weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

You can now pay your bills a little, feed yourself well and can prepare for San Ji to drop in at the apartment any day. You will be able to look Leena in the eyes next time and contribute in running the house.

You know she doesn't need that. She's filthy rich with her filthy rich boyfriend, but you hate to be the one always receiving.

That's not your type at all. You hate to be on the receiving end without ever making an effort to give something back in return.

As you're getting into the elevator, Jungkook stands there with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Hey." You absentmindedly greet him.

"My, God. Y/n, did you hit your head somewhere?" He asks, bending to peer in your face a little.

You cringe and throw him a confused look. "No, why?"

"Since when did you start putting on.. clothes?" You knit your eyebrows together and hurl a pissed off look in his direction.

"Ever since you started putting them on too." You retort.

He chuckles and then checks you out again, as if he just can't resist.

"You look.. mind-blowing."

You're not sure how to process a compliment thrown at you by your ex boyfriend so you just shrug and stand there.

You don't know why, but he's giving off a sad energy. Like as if he's attempting to mask some kind of desolation.

"Are you okay, Jungkook?" You suddenly slip. That horrible unfiltered mind-to-mouth coordination failure has begun.

"Umm, yeah. I am. You?" He asks as the elevator bell dings and the doors slide open. His floor has come, but he doesn't budge.

"I'm fine." You answer and wait for him to leave but, he just stares at you.

"Do you want to get off? Or run to the roof and throw yourself from there?" You ask raising an eyebrow at him with a small smile.

He snaps out of his stupor and then shakes his head, "I think I'm considering the second option."

You frown.

Jungkook is not a whiner.

You instantly grow serious. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Gosh, why can't you just Stop. Butting. In? He can handle it on his own. He's a grown up. He turned 22 the day you turned 20 a week ago!

"Actually.." he begins and you sigh, "It's okay. You don't have to if you're not comfortable." You tell him.

In reality, it's you who is not comfortable.

But, you can't stop your heart from going out to anybody who's upset. Even if they've put you down at times and made you miserable.