⁰⁴⁵ | two birds with one stone

He didn't even budge when you insisted to know.

You huff angrily to yourself as you make your way to the elevators. SanJi and Leena must have left already. The apartment must look so dull without them.

You don't know who's next, but you are not sure if Kai will try to blackmail you again at least tonight.

You enter your apartment and place your bag at the table as you go to fetch yourself a glass of cold water.

Your mind is still buzzing with depressing thoughts of Kai and his Mom. You don't know why, but you can't seem to tell if your heart can forgive him.

Yes, he has had a terrible life, but that doesn't justify his stupid hatred for you? What revenge is he taking out on you for?

Having special blood? How is that your fault!? Makes no sense! You even doubt something like that can be possible.

Stupid.

Or is Taehyung only giving out half truths? Thinking you'll never discover the whole story?

You have had enough. This is sickening.

But, what can you do anyway? You have yet to hear from Kai himself, whatever the heck his problem is.

Taehyung may have gotten surprisingly emotional, but that doesn't change the fact that Kai took 5 lives and is threatening at present to take 5 more.

Your precious beloved people.

You have only 4 days left as you drift off to sleep, you wonder whose face is gonna be next to see on the blackmail picture.

•••

"How was exam?" Namjoon asks as Leena picks you up from the college gates.

"It sucked. Felt like I just shat on the paper and came back." You sigh as you take the bottle of water Namjoon passes you from the front seat, and drink from it.

"That's what you're best at, innit?" He asks as Leena sniggers a little and drives silently.

"You're awfully quiet, Leena. Is something wrong?" You ignore Namjoon's joke.

"Huh..!? N-nothing." She's not saying much and hasn't said much since yesterday.

You get a strange feeling as Leena drops you off at your apartment complex and is about to leave with Namjoon. You wave your arm at her to stop as you come running back.

"How is my brother?" You ask. Leena's eyes are so cold as she simply looks at you dismissively.

"He's fine. Bye, Y/n. Take care."

You raise your eyebrows at Namjoon who simply shakes his head and shrugs before they drive away. You have to go to Dr. Kim's office today.

Jhope warned you not to spend too much time outside doing unnecessary things. But, you don't think this counts.

Kai is sure to send another mail today and before that, you have to convince Dr. Kim to tell you where Kai is. He didn't reply to you last night. Just checked the time, got up and dragged you out, forced you into his car and drove you home.