⁰⁵⁶ | this time it'll be different

When I thought I would see Dr. Kim that day, I hadn't thought my exams through. I had so much to take care of. I met Yoongi once and we discussed about Kai. He told me Jhope was fine and had hired somebody to replace me.

Yoongi didn't understand half of what was going on but, he seemed to have taken a liking to all the mysterious tragedy. He enjoyed the hustle and thanked me for giving him some adventure to enjoy.

After that, I didn't meet anybody aside from Jin. At least until my exams got over. Jin had promised to go see the exam board directors and get my name cleared from the absence log and declare me passed.

He changed his mind and stopped me from meeting Taehyung and explained to me that to trap Kai we would have to put patience in the equation.

It was the first week of October. My heart was sinking when the Soompi magazine insisted Jimin had simply gone on a Vipassana training trip.

It sickened me how they tried to protect their own image and hid the truth from everybody.

What if he never woke up? Did they think about that at all?

I wondered if I should see Leena and the others, but Jin yet again reminded me to be convalescent. He insisted I heal a little before I step down into the battlefield again.

The news was getting frequently and increasingly sinister with reports of mysterious suicides and disappearing bodies. No CCTV footages and the absence of the bodies left the police and the forensics feeling liable.

Byung Soo.

That son of a bitch would have to pay for my mother.

Kai.

That absolute piece of shit would have to pay for my father.

And so many others.

Jin told me he had begun his individual research on the Saraphine drug. He didn't tell me what was going on but reassured me time and time again that he was getting close.

IU met me once in the canteen of the university. She didn't say anything. She simply smiled and walked away.

Why was she cutting me off? She could have been my friend, right? Why this strange restriction?

I hadn't used her credit card for anything aside from the time I had to buy myself a guilty pleasure.

These 2 excruciatingly long weeks weakened my resolve, but Jin was always there to cheer me up every night with dumb puns and gave me advices once in a while. Fed me well and took me on a food date outside too.

He didn't let me get back to brooding for more than an hour in a day. He would stick around and invite me to watch K-drama with him and also
once took me to a karaoke.

We grew close together in these 2 weeks and things were beginning to seem hopeful.

I did have nightmares at nights. I didn't sleep well. Then I would have crazy dreams and then nightmares again. I was going crazy.

He didn't come to know except once or twice when he found me twitching on the couch and crying hysterically in my sleep.

And that's when he refused to give me therapy.