⁰⁵³ | roomie to the rescue

As I walked down the pavement of my building, I frowned to myself. Maybe, Dr. Jin should really make an appearance in my story. Finally.

This was sickening. I didn't want to lose.

I sat down on the park bench in my neighborhood and called Dr. Jin.

"Yes, Y/n?" He never said Hello?

"I need to meet you."

"Yeah, I have to meet you too." I creased my eyebrows.

Why?

"Where can I meet you?"

"Where are you right now?"

"I've been kicked out of my home by my best friend, so- on a park bench. You?"

"I'm actually at Irene's funeral."

My throat felt constricted. I bit my lips together and didn't say anything.

"Y/n..? How can I help you?"

"Send me your location."

~~~

It was a peaceful time of the day. It felt weird to be at the funeral of a person I had met only thrice. Taehyung was nowhere to be seen. Dr. Jin had picked me up and brought me here on my protests.

That was the least I could do for Irene. I left a bunch of tulips I had bought on my way to the funeral and a small note of gratitude at her stone.

My eyes swept the huge place for Taehyung, I couldn't find him.

"Looking for Taehyung?" Jin asked.

I nodded, "Where's he?"

"He doesn't want to meet anybody."

"He really loved her that much?"

"Everybody did." Jin said pointedly, as he raised his eyebrows looking sideways at people that were flocking in. It was jam-packed. I felt my heart crumble a little, but I instantly glued it back.

Yes, Irene was definitely a popular woman.

I sighed as I sat cross-legged down on the floor, Jin joined me and handed me a bottle of soju.

"Is this polite?" I asked. He shrugged and set it aside when I refused to take it.

"I don't know if it's appropriate to say this here, but I need a place to stay." I informed him. I couldn't obviously hang around at Irene's funeral all day.

Jin nodded, "I know."

"How do you know?"

"Uh, I wanted to tell you." He scratched the back of his neck, "Taehyung doesn't remember you."

"Wha-"

"He-he self hypnotized himself. He couldn't take the hit."

"Wow. That's possible?" I raised my eyebrows and took the bottle of soju, finally.

"Well, then he's got to be the fifth one." I laughed dryly.