⁰²⁸ | broken pieces

Shock is spread across your features and you find it difficult to mask it as you look at him.

"What?"

"Mom." He says shortly and turns his head back to the TV. Apparently pissed.

"She scared you you said." You defend yourself.

"She did, but she's still my Mom." He shrugs. If he eats and stays on the couch at this rate, he will soon walk out of the door looking like inflated Aunt Marge from Prisoner of Azkaban.

You take his nachos away as you earn a cold look from him. "Stop eating this garbage."

"You can date garbage. I can't eat garbage?" He asks.

"Who told you I date garbage? Jungkook was a pretty decent guy!" You cross your arms over your chest indignantly.

He shrugs and laughs. "Just wanted to know the name."

You're feeling like he recovers pretty quickly and gets upset very quickly. He's showing a very bizarre behaviour and you can't seem to comprehend it.

You look at him for a while and on feeling your gaze on him, he sighs, "Noona. Don't stare. I know I'm handsome."

You laugh with furrowed eyebrows, "Who the hell even told you that? You're ugly."

He looks at you and rolls his big eyes. You feel like punching him for having an attitude as he sighs, "Dr. Jin."

Just then the doorbell rings and you rush to the intercom. "Er-who?"

"Kim Taehyung." A deep voice comes back and your heart jumps in your ribs.

On the small surveillance monitor you see him shrug off his blazer jacket and straighten his tie professionally.

You exhale sharply and punch in the code.

"Hi." You smile awkwardly and he smiles back as his eyes lock with yours.

It feels like he is staring into your soul and reading your deep dark thoughts.

"Come in." You say, unable to look away.

"Sure, if you'll excuse me." He points at how you're blocking the doorway and you nervously laugh before getting out of the way.

He walks in slowly and his eyes fall on San Ji.

"We will need some alone time." He tells you as you pour him a glass of cold water.

"This is San Ji." You tell him as he drinks.

"I know." He nods as if he knows and you raise your eyebrows.

How would he know? Cocky much?

"San Ji, honey this is Taehyung. My friend." You tell him. You don't want to mention that he's a doctor. You don't want San Ji to feel like he's sick and needs treatment or to be cured.

He simply regards Taehyung with a disdainful look and gives a half nod before turning his eyes to the TV.

"Y/N."