𝐅𝗼𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER FOUR:DISMISSED

CHAPTER FOUR:
DISMISSED

ECHO SWAN HAD GIVEN up. She spent weeks and months trying to find her and Alaric's attacker, but no matter what she couldn't find them. It annoyed the hell out of her, seeing as she had never once failed a mission. But she was done. She couldn't stand not knowing where this person was, but she was just going to have to live with that. She arrived back at her head quarters, much to everyone's surprise seeing as they thought she was dead.

Echo pushed her way into her bosses office, not giving him time to ask how she was alive. She wouldn't be able to answer because she didn't know. She sat down in the chair that was across his desk, patiently waiting for him to get off of the phone.

"Let me call you right back." He mumbled before hanging up the phone. He opened his mouth, letting in a deep breath as he was about to ask the million dollar question. But Echo wouldn't allow him to speak.

"We failed the mission. Agent Alaric Jones is dead, he was drained of his blood. I don't know why my captors kept me alive but they did. The mission did not go to plan and the attackers have escaped. I have spent the past two months trying to find them but it's no use. They're gone, like they didn't even exist."

"Hi, Agent Swan, it is good to see you again. . ." Her boss said.

"Yeah, you too," Echo grumbled. Her boss leaned forward, his hands interlocking with one another as he placed them on his desk.

"Echo, you have been gone for almost two years. You were announced dead. Your partner is dead. I think. . ." he trailed off, thinking thoroughly about his next decision. "Miss Swan, I think it's time for you to go home."

Echo stilled at the words. She wanted to go back home, but she didn't think she would be coming back so soon. She opened her mouth to complain, but her boss held up a hand to stop her. "No excuses, Echo. You haven't been home in five years, I think it's time for you to see your family again. Besides, your sister just received the news of your death, I do think you should tell her how sorry we are for the misunderstanding."

Echo pondered his words for a moment. She bit the inside of her cheek before looking into his grey orbs. "You'll call if you need me?"

"Of course." He nodded. Echo let out a soft sigh before nodding her head and standing up. Echo looked at her boss, sending him a small smile, "Thank you, sir."

"Go home, Echo. And get some sleep while you're at it! Tired doesn't look good on you." Echo chuckled at this. She gave a small wave before leaving the office. She collected all of her stuff and then made her way out of the building. She walked over to her car entering it and tossing her bag in the back seat. A smile was plastered on her face, a real smile that hadn't appeared in five years.

She pulled out her phone and quickly dialed the number she needed. She cranked the car, backed up, and sped out onto the road.

"Hello?"

"Hey dad, it's Echo. Can I stay with you for awhile?"

"Of course." She could hear the smile in his voice which only made her own smile widen.

"Thank you. Also, don't tell Bella I'm coming. I want to surprise her."

"She'll be glad to see you, E."

"Yeah, I hope so."

꧁꧂

Bella had slowly started to get over the death of her sister. She had left her room, freshened herself up, and attended school again―︎not that she had ever stopped, she had just been falling behind a little do to her grieving. She still hadn't talked to any of the Cullen family, and she of course let them know that it had nothing to do with them, that it was for family reasons.

Bella woke up to the sound of knocking on her door. "Come in." She called. Charlie walked in, looking at his youngest daughter as he tried to hide his smile.

"Uh, hey, I just wanted to tell you not to ride home with Edward this afternoon."

Bella turned her head, giving her father a confused look. She sat up in her bed, waiting for him to elaborate. He let out a sigh. "Just, don't, alright? Someone else is picking you up. Don't argue, just. . . trust me."

Bella opened her mouth to respond but just nodded her head. "Uh, alright." Bella waited for him to leave the room before quickly texting Jessica, asking if she would pick Bella up to take her to school. Seeing as someone else was picking her up that afternoon, she didn't want to abandon her truck in the school parking lot.

Bella got dressed, quickly heading out the door when Jessica honked the horn. As she made it to school, the only thing that was on her mind was: Who was going to pick her up?

 As she made it to school, the only thing that was on her mind was: Who was going to pick her up?

852 words
Authors note: Short and sucky chapter. Sorry about that, but Echo is on her way home which means the real stuff is about to happen :)

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH