𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE:THE PRINCESS BRIDE

THE PRINCESS BRIDE

ECHO SHOT UP SO fast it made her dizzy. Her breathing was heavy and labored, her heart was bounding faster than it usually did―︎which she didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. Carlisle came into the room with his eyebrows furrowed in concern. Echo turned her head to look at him, still trying to contain her breathing. Carlisle walked over to the bed, sitting down beside of the Swan sibling. His thumb swiped under her eyes, an indication that she had been crying.

"Are you alright?" His gentle voice calmed her breathing down, his hand holding hers made her heartbeat go back to its normal pace―︎well as normal as it could go seeing as him being there just made her heart rate spike. Echo nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just had a nightmare." Echo responded, swallowing thickly. She shook her head with slight disbelief. "I haven't had a nightmare since I was a teenager."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. Echo blew a strand of hair from her face, turning her head to look out the window. Echo's jaw was clenched, her head leaning against the headboard of the bed. "Hey, you can tell me anything."

Echo turned to face him, a small smile on her face as she nodded her head. "I know. It's just-" She let out a sigh, running a hand through her messy locks. "It felt so real. He was there and Alaric was there. Everyone I have ever-" She struggled to say the word, but nonetheless forced herself to say it. "-killed was there."

"I killed him because he was a traitor and I was given the orders to do so. And I told him that. He responded saying the he was my lover. And I was so. . . harsh. I told him that I was young and didn't know what love was. And that I was sorry that he ever thought I loved him. He called me a murderer." Echo looked down at the sheets, not being able to look Carlisle in the eyes. She let out a dry laugh, shaking her head. "Maybe that's all I am. A stone cold murderer that cares about nothing."

"Hey, look at me." Carlisle said. Echo couldn't. She felt weak, she didn't like to feel weak. Especially in front of those that she was supposed to be strong for. Carlisle placed a hand under her chin, tilting her head up so that she was looking at him. "What you did to all those people, that wasn't your choice. You were doing what you were told, you were doing what you thought right. You can't blame yourself for thinking that what you were doing was for the greater good. Everyone in this house has killed someone, whether it was their choice or not. And it sucks, but we have to live with our choices. There's nothing we can do about past mistakes, we can, however, try our best from preventing them from happening again in the future."

"I don't deserve you." Echo frowned.

"You deserve more than just me. You deserve the world." Her heart fluttered at the words and she couldn't help the smile that broke out on her face.

"Did you watch the movie?" Echo asked suddenly, excitement filling her eyes.

"I was halfway through it."

"Have you gotten to the marriage part yet?" Echo asked.

"I don't think so. . .?"

"Oh, I wanna watch." Echo smiled like a child in a candy store. Carlisle shook his head at the girl, smiling with amusement before he stood up from the bed. He held out both of his hands and Echo grabbed hold of them, completely forgetting about her nightmare. He pulled her out of the bed, making her jump when she landed on the floor. She let out a small giggle, the sound making the vampire's smile widen. Echo looked up into his golden eyes before shaking her head, a smile on her face.

"I still do not understand how you do it."

"Do what?"

"Make me feel like a teenager in love." She answered.

"At least I know the feelings are mutual." He softly said with a smile. Echo smirked in response. His golden orbs flickered from her chocolate ones down to her lips then back to her eyes. Echo kissed him. A soft kiss that turned into passionate one.

"We," Echo said as they pulled away, "should go finish that movie."

"As you wish."

"I'm so glad you understand now." Echo said with a proud smile. Carlisle chuckled before grabbing her hand and leading her down the steps and into the living room.

꧁꧂

"Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder today. Mawage, that bwessed awangment, that dweam wifin a dweam..." Echo started to quote, this being her favorite scene of the entire movie. "And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva..."

"Wow. You have the voice down and everything." Emmet commented. Echo snickered and nodded her head.

"I've seen this movie a few times too many." Echo truthfully answered. "I still find this part hilarious. Feels like something Bella would get herself into." The group of vampires laughed at the comment, even Rosalie managed a snicker.

"I still can't believe none of you have seen this movie." Echo shook her head with a huff. "But, good thing I was exposed. Because I got to expose you. I'm forcing Edward and Bella to watch this when they get back."

Echo was interrupted when her phone started to ring. She rolled her eyes and let out a groan of annoyance. She pulled out her phone to look at the caller ID. When she saw who it was she quickly sat up from her laying position. She quickly got up off the couch and made her way outside of the home without saying anything.

"This is Echo Swan."

"Echo, we need you to come in."

985 wordsAuthors note: Disclaimer I don't own the princess bride

985 words
Authors note: Disclaimer I don't own the princess bride. But it is a really great movie and if you haven't watched it, you should.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye lovelies!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH