𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE:WELCOME HOME

CHAPTER FIVE:
WELCOME HOME

ECHO ENTERED THE SMALL town of Forks, Washington. Her nerves were sky rocketing. Her fingers were wrapped tightly around the steering wheel making her knuckles turn white. She was scared of how Bella was going to react when she saw her supposedly dead sibling. Echo had ran a hand through her hair so many times she was starting to mess it up. She had never been so nervous about something before. She wouldn't be surprised if Bella punched her, yelling at her, asking why she never wrote back.

The car was silent, which made Echo uncomfortable. She was used to riding her motorcycle and was excited for it to be delivered to her father's home. She was desperately hoping it would be there when she got to her father's house, but if it wasn't then she would have to suck it up and drive her car to pick up Bella.

She glanced at her phone, seeing that is was only lunch time. She let out a relaxed breath. Her fingers slightly lost their grip on the steering wheel allowing her knuckles to go back to their natural skin color. Since she had a few hours before she had to pick her sister up, she decided to swing by the police station. Her black mustang pulled into the parking lot and Echo looked at the station with a small smile.

Echo got out of the car and walked up the steps before pulling open the door. She looked around before she spotted him. He hadn't changed one bit which allowed another small smile on her face. She quietly made her way over to him without him noticing. She smirked before saying, "You haven't changed one bit, Charlie."

Charlie looked up from his paperwork at the sound of his eldest daughters voice. When he saw her, tears almost sprang into his eyes. Charlie chuckled at the girl as he stood up. "Well, you certainly have."

Echo smiled before hugging her father. She pulled away, sending him a sift smile. "How's being the Chief of Police going?" She asked, sitting down in the chair that was in front of his desk. Charlie sat back down in his chair, moving aside his paperwork before interlacing his fingers, placing his hands on the table.

"It's going. How was it, being an army doctor and an agent or whatever you call it?" Charlie responded. Echo cocked an eyebrow in amusement before letting out a soft chuckle.

"It was great, dad. I've always dreamed of being a doctor, but being an army doctor? That was on another level. It was amazing. Kinda sad that I had to come home." Echo admitted.

"You know, the boys down at the Reservation have been asking about you. You should go and see them before you pick Bella up." Charlie suggested. Echo smiled. She hadn't seen them in forever, and she had to admit that she completely forgot they lived here until Charlie had said something. She nodded her head.

"Yeah, I might go do that, but first I want to drop off my bag and see if my motorcycle is here yet." Charlie scowled at the mention of the bike. He thought they were dangerous and even though Echo was a grown adult and could take care of herself, he still didn't like her riding it. Echo laughed at his scowl. "Dad, I've been riding a motorcycle since I learned how to drive, I'm basically a professional now. No need to worry about me getting hurt."

"I know, I know. But, I'm always going to worry so you might as well get used to it." Charlie responded. Echo let out a laugh before shaking her head.

"I better go, can I borrow you key to get into the house?" Echo quizzed.

"I made you your own copy." Charlie said as he opened one of his drawers. He pulled out a silver key, handing it to Echo. Echo smiled in response before standing up out of the chair. She gave Charlie a kiss on the head before saying goodbye and leaving the police station. She quickly got back into her car, making her way toward her father's home. When she arrived, a wide and delighted smile filled her features at the sight of her motorcycle sitting there. She quickly pulled the car into the driveway beside of a redish-orange truck that really needed a paint job.

She grabbed her bag from the backseat before pulling the keys out of the ignition and getting out of the car, locking it. She paused for a moment, taking the time to place her house key on her key chain. She fixed her bag on her shoulder before walking up to the door, quickly unlocking it and stepping inside. She inspected the house, going through each and every room. She took a moment to look in Bella's room, smiling at the purple covers on her bed.

She noticed a picture lying on the younger Swan siblings night stand. Echo put her bag on the ground and slowly walked over to it. She sat down on Bella's bed, picking up the photo. She smiled when she realized that it was her and Bella, laughing. Something she hadn't done in a really long time. Yes, she laughed all the time, but she hadn't really laughed. She hadn't laughed so hard that her ribs ached and tears were falling from her eyes. She didn't know the feeling anymore.

A sad smile fell onto her face as she looked at the picture before deciding to put it back where she had found it. She let out a soft sigh before standing up off the bed and walking back over to her bag. She picked it up off the floor before finding her room. It looked the same as it had when she was little, minus the bed that had been changed to a king sized bed. Fairy lights hung all around the room. The midnight blue coating the walls made her smile as stars were painted all within it. The trim was painted an ebony black and she decided that the room was an exact replica of her personality.

Echo placed her bag onto her bed before pulling out some clothes, hanging them up in her closet. The girl decided to change her clothes. She grabbed a plain dark blue t-shirt, light blue jeans, her leather jacket, and her combat boots. She smiled as she looked at herself in the body mirror that was placed in the corner of her room. She let out a sigh before grabbing the keys to her motorcycle, exiting her room and then exiting the house, locking the door behind of her.

She walked up to her motorcycle with a smirk. "Miss me sweetheart?" She whispered before climbing onto the motorcycle. She cranked it and smiled in delight at the sound it made. She revved the engine before quickly taking off, heading toward the reservation.

1,163 wordsAuthors note: There was going to be so much more for this chapter but I just decided to split it into two chapters instead to make life easier

1,163 words
Authors note: There was going to be so much more for this chapter but I just decided to split it into two chapters instead to make life easier.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye my loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH