𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE:ARGUMENTS AND WEDDING PREPARATIONS

ARGUMENTS AND WEDDING PREPARATIONS

IT HAD BEEN A few days since Echo made her announcement. Carlisle and Echo had several deep conversations about it. For the first two conversations, they had argued about it. The two had never argued about something, but this they did. By the third conversation, he had listened to her talk. But he didn't speak. By the fourth conversation, he gave his input again. By the fifth one, it seemed he was coming to realize that Echo wasn't going to change her mind. Now, they were in their sixth conversation about the topic, and it was as if they had started back at the beginning.

"I don't understand why you're so upset with this." Echo scoffed as she shook her head. "Literally everyone else wants me to do this. Hell! Even Sam does!"

"You don't understand what you're getting yourself into, Echo." Carlisle defended.

"Jesus Christ, Carlisle! Just tell me you don't want me to turn. Look me in the damn eye and say it. And if you truly don't want me to, then I won't."

Carlisle couldn't. He wanted Echo to turn, he truly did. But he didn't want her to do it and then regret it later. He knew he was only making her more upset and it was physically hurting both him and her. Echo looked at him, patiently waiting. He didn't say anything and Echo sighed. She ran a frustrated hand through her hair.

"I'm not going to change until after Bella's wedding anyways. That gives you a week. Come and find me when you're ready to talk about this." Echo stated. She grabbed her jacket as well as her car keys before leaving the home. She sped back home and entered Bella's room, quickly placing herself on Bella's bed. Bella quickly laid down beside of Echo and waited for her to speak.

"Bella, I need to tell you something. And I need your honesty on the situation."

"I'm all ears." Bella told her.

"I want to be changed."

Bella's eyes widened with slight excitement. "Really? I was worried you were going to force me watch you grow old and die and I really wasn't about it."

Echo let out a soft chuckle. "So you're not mad?"

"Of course not! I'm happy about your choice and I fully support you." Bella looked at her sisters facial expression and she furrowed her eyebrows. "There's something else. What is it?"

Echo sighed as she closed her eyes. "Carlisle. He just. . . I don't even know. It's like he wants me to go through with it, but at the same time he doesn't. And I don't know what to do."

"Do what I did. Ignore him. Edward didn't want me to change, still doesn't, but I'm going to anyways. Don't let anyone stop you from getting what you want, E. You taught me that."

"I guess I was a good teacher, huh?" Echo smiled.

"The best teacher." Bella smiled back.

꧁꧂