𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR:JANE VOLTURI

JANE VOLTURI

THEY APPEARED BACK AT the battlefield. Echo looked around at all of the dead newborns before her eyes turned to Jacob who was whimpering, Bella running over to him. Carlisle was kneeling down beside of the boy.

"The pack needs to leave. Volturi will know our truce with the werewolves." Carlisle told Sam. Sam looked over at Echo as she appeared. The two quickly exchanged a hug before going back to Jacob.

"Bella." Jake mumbled.

"Jake, I'm right here." Bella reassured.

"Jacob, you idiot, I had it!" Leah snapped.

"Leah!" Sam warned.

"We need to set the bones before his accelerated healing kicks in. It's already starting." Carlisle told them.

"We need to get him out of here. We're not gonna wanna fight with the Volturi." Edward said.

"We'll take him back to Billy's." Sam said.

"I'll be there as soon as I can." Carlisle quickly informed. Sam nodded his head.

"Hang in there Jake." Bella mutters. Echo watched as they all left, leaving the vampires and the two Swan siblings to patiently wait there. They stood in a line, Bella clinging onto Edward while Echo held onto Carlisle's hand. She was about to meet part of the Volturi, more specifically Jane and Alec. It took a moment before Echo noticed a young newborn standing behind the group. Echo quickly left Carlisle's side to stand by the scared girl.

The young brunette looked up at Echo who sent her a kind smile. They looked forward when three figure appeared. Echo immediately recognized the blonde to be Jane and she assumed the dark haired boy beside of her was Alec. She didn't know who the other was.

"Impressive, I've never seen a coven of this magnitude intact." Jane spoke. Her voice was dull and emotionless. It reminded Echo of what she was like as an agent.

"We were lucky." Carlisle told her.

"I doubt that." Jane said.

"It appears we've missed an entertaining fight." The boy, Alec, stated.

"Yes, it's not often we're rendered unnecessary."

"If you'd arrived a half hour ago you would've fulfilled your purpose." Edward told them.

"Pity." Jane sighed. She then looked over at Echo, meeting eyes with the human before looking at the young newborn beside of her. "You missed one." The Cullen's looked at the young girl, and Jasper slowly walked over to Echo and the girl.

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender." Carlisle told her.

"That wasn't yours to offer." Jane told the doctor. She then looked over at the girl and said, "Who created you." The girl started to let out a pained screams, causing her to fall to the ground.