𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER NINE:THE INTERVIEW

CHAPTER NINE:
THE INTERVIEW

"SO, IF YOU LIKE Carlisle, will you meet the rest of the family?" Bella asked as Echo got ready for her interview at the hospital. Apparently saying you were an army doctor wasn't enough to get you a job at a hospital.

"Isabella, we've talked about this." Echo rolled her eyes.

"First of all, if you're going to call me by anything other than my nick name, please call me Bella. Second, I don't understand why you don't like the Cullen's. They are really nice people." Bella exclaimed, looking at her sister through Echo's body mirror.

Echo rolled her eyes. "I'm sure they are very nice people, but I don't trust them."

"You don't trust anyone, Echo." Bella grumbled.

"Can you really blame me, Bella? With my line of work, I'm trained not to trust people." Echo defended as she slid on a black skirt that looked weirdly professional on her.

"Yeah, but you aren't there anymore, Echo. You're home." Bella tried. Echo walked over to her closet as she tried to find a shirt, her things were still being sent down from her mothers house seeing as she hadn't been able to pack her clothes to bring down to her fathers home.

"Bella, I'm not going to be home forever. I'll have to go back some day." Echo reminded as she pulled out a dark blue long sleeved shirt, the sleeves being laced. Echo held the shirt up for her sister to judge and Bella took a moment before nodding her head.

"Why do you have to go back? Why can't you just stay home?" Bella whined. Echo changed into the shirt before looking at herself once again in the mirror.

Echo messed with her hair before saying, "It's my official job, Isa. I'm probably only going to be home for a year or two."

Bella frowned at her sisters response. "That's not fair! You've been gone for five years, they can't drag you back in another year. That's not enough time."

"Don't get angry yet!" Echo laughed. "I'm going to be around for as long as they'll allow me." She walked over to Bella, sitting down beside of her. "Don't worry about that right now, alright? All that matters is that I'm here right now. Alright?" Bella nodded her head and Echo sent her a smile before giving her a side hug.

"Now, do I look somewhat professional?"

"You look great, just put on red lips and you'll blow the interview away with your looks." Echo let out a laugh as she shook her head. She stood up from the bed before glossing her lips with a red matte and a clear lip gloss on top.

"Oh yeah, you look hot."

"If I didn't know any better I would say you were trying to make my interviewer fall in love with me." Echo visibly cringed as the word left her lips and Bella laughed.