𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO:WAR STORIES

CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO:
WAR STORIES

"THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING about. A little pre-battle bonfire, telling war stories." Jacob said as he sat down by Benjamin. "Or you can just stand there like a bunch of freaking statues."

"Name any American battle, I was there." Garret started.

"Little Big Horn." Jacob stated.

"I came this close to biting Custer, but the Indians caught him first." Garret told him. Kate sat down beside of Echo.

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople, he didn't win that one on his own." Kate shared a smirk with Echo while Garret just rolled his eyes.

"If you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years War. No one does rebellion like the Irish." Liam stated.

"I thought you lost the Eleven Years War." Echo pointed out.

"Aye, but it was one hell of a rebellion."

"Fair." Echo nodded. When Vladimir and Stefan joined them, Echo immediately grimaced at the sound of his voice.

"When we ruled everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favor seekers. Such was our power, but we never put on white hats and called ourselves saints."

"We were honest about what we were." Stefan exclaimed.

"We sat still for a very long time, we didn't notice we were beginning to petrify." Vladimir continued.

"Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned our castles." Stefan said.

"We've been waiting fifteen hundred years to return that favor."

Echo turned her head and saw Carlisle talking to Edward. She told Kate to save her seat before she got up and joined the two men.

"I can't help thinking, all these people are putting themselves in danger because I fell in love with a human." Edward mumbled.

"Well she's not human anymore." Echo mumbled. Carlisle elbowed her in the side.

"You found your mate, you deserve to be happy." Carlisle told his son.

"But at what cost?" Edward asked.

"Everyone here has something to fight for. I certainly do." Carlisle said as he looked over at his family before glancing down at Echo who was already looking up at him with a loving smile. Edward looked over towards the tent where Renesmee and Bella were before he looked back at Carlisle who had given Echo a quick kiss before watching as she sat back down beside Kate.

"Carlisle, I've never thanked you, for this extraordinary life." Edward told him. Carlisle gave him a small smile as he placed a hand on his shoulder.

"What about you, assassin. I'm sure you have some amusing stories to tell." Garret spoke up.

"Well the recent one is when I brought you to the ground in under three seconds. Now that is going to be something to remember." Echo smirked, earning chuckles from the other vampires.

"Stop speaking." Garret told her. Echo put her hands up in mock surrender.

"Hey, you asked. Besides, I'm not a war hero like you are I'm someone the works for the U.S. government that goes on missions and kills bad people." Echo shrugged her shoulders. "Not that interesting."

"Come on, I'm sure something interesting must've happened." Kate nudged her.

"I took down an entire Russian facility that was doing illegal human experimentations." Echo stated.

"Oh, please, do tell." Tanya smirked. Echo rolled her eyes.

"It happened only four-ish years ago. My partner and I had been sent to Russia to investigate some suspicious activity going on there. One night, I decided to scope a place out by myself. Got kidnapped. I became one of the experiments. Hence why I have healing powers. I managed to break free by calling my captors time of death. When he was going to die. Where he was going to die. And I was right. I had been tied to a chair, he kept trying to kill me, but every time he turned around the wound he had made would be healed. So, he was becoming desperate and sloppy. Gave me the perfect chance to escape and kick his ass." Echo shrugged her shoulders like it was nothing.

"I can't see you as such a violent person." Benjamin stated.

"I'm not a violent person."

"Depends who you're asking." Garret mumbled.

"Garret, I am going to chuck this rock at your head." Echo told him with a sweet smile. Garret pointed at her.

"See, violent."

"Not violent, logical." Kate stated. Garret slapped a hand over his heart and Echo as well as some others smirked or chuckled in amusement.

"Hey, E."

"Yeah, Isa?" Echo stood up from her spot, walking over to her sister.

"Renesmee wants you to say your old saying again. She said it makes her feel safe. Do you mind?" Bella asked. A soft smile fell onto Echo's face as she shook her head.

"No, I don't mind at all." Echo moved past Bella and crawled into the tent where Renesmee was lying, tears filling her eyes. She was scared. Echo gave her a soft smile. "Hey, Ness."

"I'm scared." Renesmee gently told her.

"Sweetheart." Echo softly whispered as she started to play with her curls. "You have nothing to be afraid of. I, nor any of those other vampires out there will let anything hurt you."

"Can you say it?"

Echo smiled before nodding her head. "'As I lay myself to rest, I pray my loved ones will be blessed. God, watch over me tonight, bless me with your love so bright. The angels they will dance and sing, and to me sweet dreams they bring. When I wake to greet the day, God I know you'll light the way.'" And just like last time, little Renesmee Cullen had fallen asleep.

'" And just like last time, little Renesmee Cullen had fallen asleep

931 words

Authors note: This book is starting to come to a close and I'm really sad about it. But, all good things must come to an end.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH