𝐅𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:TWO CUPS OF COFFEE

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
TWO CUPS OF COFFEE

AFTER FIGURING OUT THE Cullen's secret, Echo forced Bella to tell her everything all over again. So, she did. She told Echo about when she and Edward first met and then how he had left later that year sending her into a great depression. Alice, who apparently could see people's decisions, thought she had seen Bella jump off a cliff and kill herself leading Edward to go to a group of vampires called the Volturi―︎which Bella explained were basically the police of the vampires―︎only to be rejected.

He was going to expose himself so Alice came back and got Bella, taking her to prove to him that she was alive and perfectly well. Then Bella told her sibling about how she was examined by the Volturi and that they were absolutely terrifying people. Bella told Echo about their powers and Echo couldn't help but find it all fascinating.

"Are you supposed to be telling me this?" Echo asked with an amazed smile. Bella shook her head.

"Not really, but you were going to find out anyway so why not make the family mad at me and tell you myself." Bella replied.

"Hey, if they say something to you about it I'll tell them I wouldn't stop bugging you about it and if they want to be mad at someone they can be mad at me." Echo reassured with a small smile. Bella smiled back.

"So, uh, are we good now?" Bella asked unsurely.

"Yeah, just don't do it again understand? My threat still stands for both you and Edward." Echo sternly said. Bella nodded her head and Echo sent her a small smile before getting up off of her siblings bed.

"Hey, E?" Echo turned back around to face her sister and cocked an eyebrow. "Can you take me to school tomorrow?"

"Of course, but we're going to have to take the stupid car because I have to work." Echo said with distaste. Bella nodded her head in response and Echo sent her a small smile before walking out of the room. Echo walked back to her room and sat down on her bed. There was so much on Echo's mind. So many questions she wanted to ask. So that night, Echo didn't get a wink of sleep.

꧁꧂

The next morning after Echo dropped Bella off at school, she went into work. She had dark circles under her eyes that bled through her make up. Alyssa looked up at Echo, watching in amusement as the woman slammed her head onto the counter top with a groan.

"Maybe I should have gotten you two coffee's?" Alyssa asked, placing the cup into Echo's outstretched hand. Echo took it gracefully and chugged half of it immediately.

"You should've gotten me two coffee's." Echo agreed.

"If you watch the desk I'll go get you another one." Alyssa informed and Echo's head shot up so fast you would've thought she'd had given herself whiplash.

"Please. I'll do any favor you ask of me." Alyssa smirked in amusement before getting up from behind the desk and walking away. Echo sat down in Alyssa's chair, spinning around in it as she sipped on her coffee.

"You were like a zombie a moment ago, what happened?" Echo waited for the chair to stop turning and locked eyes with Carlisle. He noticed the dark bags under her eyes and his eyebrows furrowed in slight concern. "Not sleep well I'm assuming?"

"Try not sleep at all." Echo grumbled taking another sip of her drink.

"Why's that?" Carlisle asked, leaning on the desk. Echo looked up at him through her eyelashes, finishing the rest of her coffee. She tossed the cup in the trashcan, her eyes never leaving his own. Was that her intention? To stare helplessly into his golden hues? No, of course not. She had made a promise to herself that she was going to stay as far away from the Cullen's as possible. So far, she was failing miserably. She pulled herself out of her head and shot the doctor a knowing look.

"I know almost all of your secrets, Dr. Cullen. But, I want to get my facts straight." Echo informed with a smirk. Alyssa appeared again, handing Echo her coffee. Echo smiled gratefully at her.

"Thank you, you're a life saver." Echo widely smiled. Alyssa smirked before taking her seat back from Echo allowing her to move her self from behind the counter. Echo walked away, smirking with satisfaction as she heard the doctor follow her. She took a sip of her second cup of coffee before saying, "Is there something you need, Dr. Cullen?"

He grabbed her arm lightly, spinning her around so that she was facing him. They were only two inches apart, and Echo smirked before looking up at him. Her chocolate eyes meeting his honey colored ones. "Go out with me."

"Is that a demand or a request?" Echo's voice went into a whisper as she raised a suggestive eyebrow. The corner of her lip was curled up into a smirk as she patiently waited.

"Would you slap me if I said both?" He asked and Echo let out a laugh, a real laugh that was melodic.

"I'm too nice to hit someone."

"I'll believe it when I see it." Carlisle replied. Echo smirked in amusement, shaking her head slightly. "Tonight, after work. I'll pick you up from your house."

Echo subconsciously bit her lip, a bad habit of hers whenever she was thinking, not knowing how the simple action affected the man standing in front of her. She let out a sigh before finally nodding her head. "Fine, but I expect answers." Before he could say anything else, Echo walked past him and back over to Alyssa who was just smirking in amusement at the interaction between the two doctors. Echo rolled her eyes before grabbing a chart and mumbling a quick, "Shut up." quickly making her way to her first patient of the day.

996 wordsAuthors note: 🥺🥺🥺 Their relationship is already great and it's only going to get better

996 words
Authors note: 🥺🥺🥺 Their relationship is already great and it's only going to get better. This was a shorter chapter but it was a great one nonetheless.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye my loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH