𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE:VLADIMIR AND STEFAN

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE:
VLADIMIR AND STEFAN

ECHO WAS FORCED TO be sociable. She met everyone, including Carlisle's ex-wife, Esme and her mate Johnson. She was a sweet woman and Echo was glad that there was no bad blood between the two. Echo's favorite by far was Garret. He had a huge ego and had his own wars and mental scars that he decided to share with Echo as long as the woman promised to do the same. Now, Echo was standing outside with Carlisle, the group just now figuring out that Bella was something called a shield.

Kate, who had electric powers, took Bella's hand in her own grasp, a smirk covering her face as she let it go. "Oh, she's a shield alright. It should have put her on her ass."

Garret appeared from the house walking up with a few others. "Or your voltage has been exaggerated."

"Maybe it only works on the weak." Kate taunts, holding out her hand and daring for the boy to touch it. He points out one finger and slowly pushes it closer towards her hand.

"Garret, I wouldn't." Carlisle warned as he wrapped his arms around Echo's waist, allowing the girl to lean backwards into his chest. Echo watched with amusement as the male vampire touched the blonde's hand, his body convulsing and sending him to the ground. Kate smirked. Garret looked up at her with awe.

"You are an amazing woman."  The man slowly got up, holding a hand out towards Echo allowing her to place her hand onto his own, healing the slight sting that was vibrating throughout his entire body. Echo's back straightened when she heard the sound of running. She glanced at Carlisle who was sharing the same look as her. They could hear the sound of the wolves trying to attack the vampires that were running towards them, stopping only when Carlisle and Echo appeared in front of them.

Echo looked at the unfamiliar vampires. One blonde, the other a brunette. Echo didn't like the vibe they gave off and her posture became protective. Carlisle placed a hand on her lower back, telling her that it was okay.

"Vladimir, Stefan. You're a long way from home." Carlisle stated.

"What are they doing here?" Kate growled from beside Echo.

"We heard of the Volturi were moving against you, but that you would not stand alone." The blonde, Vladimir, stated.

"We didn't do what we were accused of." Carlisle told the two.

"We do not care what you did, Carlisle." Vladimir said with the roll of his eyes.

"We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged." Stefan exclaimed.

"It is not our plan to fight the Volturi." Carlisle told the two.

"Shame, Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed." The blonde tsked.

"They enjoy a good fight." The other continued.

Echo turned her head to look at Carlisle. "Aro's witnesses?"

"Oh, still hoping they'll listen?" Echo glared at the blonde vampire. She so desperately wanted to smack the smug smirk off of his face. Carlisle squeezed her side, telling her not to do something stupid.

"When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime." Eleazar told them as they all gathered around the Cullen's living room.

"So he's done this before?" Bella asked.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern." Edward mumbled.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repenting."

"This person always has an ability, and always given a place with the guard." Eleazar finishes for Carlisle.

"This is all about Alice, he has no one like her." Edward explained.

"Which is why she left." Echo muttered.

"But why does he need witnesses?" Emmett quizzed.

"To spread the word that justice has been served, after he slaughters an entire coven." Alistair spoke up for the first time since he had went to the attic. Amun suddenly stood up, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving."

"And where will you go? What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina, or Kate, or anyone else with a gift, anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment, it's about power, it's acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family, but also for yours, and for the way you wanna live." Edward looked around at the whole room. Jacob was the first one to stand up straight.

"The packs will fight, we've never been afraid of vampires." Jacob grabbed Echo's eyes, the two having a silent conversation that made the vampire allow a small smile to cover her face.

Then the Denali's stood. "We will fight."

"This won't be the first time I've fought a king's rule." Garret commented, sharing a smirk with Echo.

"We'll join you." Benjamin stood.

"No!" Amun declined.

"I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please."

Echo watched as all of the vampires in the room stood, Echo sharing a small smile with Esme and her mate as the two stepped forward.

"That didn't take much." Vladimir mumbled. Echo looked down at the pillow behind her. Itching to grab it and chuck it at the vampire but Carlisle refrained her from doing so. She let out a soft sigh.

"All I have to say is, I call killing the blonde headed bitch." Chuckles irrupted through the room as they looked at Echo with amusement. Carlisle just rolled his eyes at her before giving her a kiss on the side of the head.

937 wordsAuthors note: This story is getting closer and closer to the end I really don't wanna let Echo go

937 words
Authors note: This story is getting closer and closer to the end I really don't wanna let Echo go. I love her too much🥺

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye lovelies!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH