Chapter 23

With the help of the council Dante was at the councils mansion by ten a clock at night. When he was settled in he had snuck in Brandis room to find her sound asleep, snuggling her stuffed horse Jewel. In the morning Brandi woke up only to be surprised to find Dante looking at her. Dante picked her up out of the crib; but Brandi did not understand why she felt like she rather have Marco be here and get her ready for the day not Dante." Good morning angel." Brandi sucked it up, and looked in his direction " gwood morning. I twirsty." Dante set her on the changing table " alright love let's get you changed then we can go get breakfast." Brandi just nodded her head; but she found herself still wishing that Marco was the one changing her not Dante.
Once Brandi was ready Dante placed her on his hip, and made his way into the dining room. When they had walked in the council was already there and seated. They had already began eating. Marco had put down his utensils, and stood up to greet them " good morning Dante. Good morning precious." Brandi looked Marco in the eyes " gwood morning" Dante had set her in her high chair, then took her seat." Good morning gentleman." Marco started to make Brandis plate, and she was eager to get it. A servant came in with Brandis bottle of A positive blood." Here you go sweetheart." The servant said while handing it to her. Marco then set her plate in front of her. Blood pancakes, and blood eggs. She was going to dive into the plate; but Marco had stopped her by cutting up her pancakes. Once he was done she dug in.
Dante felt like he was no longer connected to Brandi, like something has changed but what is it?