Chapter 26

It has been a couple of days since Dante has left the mansion, Brandi has not had the courage to ask what a beloved was. She was now in the mansions backyard looking at the flowers while Marco was now and then looking up from his laptop to see what she was doing." Not to far love; and be careful of the roses." Brandi did not hear the second part; but she heard the word "roses." Brandi saw the pretty flower and went to check it out. As soon as she did the pretty flower pricked her.
"Ouchy!" Marco heard as he set down his laptop on the patio table and went to investigate. When he got where Brandi was; she was cradling her pointed finger of her right hand in her left hand. She was not crying, she just looked stunned. Marco went over to her and said " let me see darling" Brandi gave him her injured finger; and he examined it." You know love, we do not need a band aid; because vampires are quick healers." Brandi looked at her hurt finger to see nothing there. Bra di thought that this was a better time to ask since it was only Marco and her in the garden. So she mustered up what courage she had and and asked " what is a beloved?" Marco was taken aback ; but he saw this coming sooner rather than later.