Chapter 24

After breakfast Marco had called for Brandis maids to go take her to her room to play. Zoey had entered the dining room " good morning masters, what can I do for you?" She said in a nervous voice. Tatum answered for the trio." Zoey please take Brandi to her room to play." Zoey went over to Brandis high chair and took her out." Come along sweetpea let's go play." She said as she put Brandi on her hip and left the room.
Once they were out the other servants cleared the breakfast plates, and left the gentlemen to their business. Marco was the one to start the conversation " so Dante we want to let you know something we have found out while Brandi was here." Dante looked nervous, what did they find out?
Marco continued to speak " there is no other way to tell you this; but Brandi is my beloved." He took a breath to let Dante take in what he had said; but the council was surprised on what Dante said next." I felt like Brandi and I lost a connection. Now I know why." Marco understood that Dante might be feeling the loss; but you cannot pick and choose your beloved. Dante seemed to fester on this news for awhile; but then he spoke up " I dont want to take your beloved from you; but I paid a lot of money for her." Tatum took that one " we will pay you what you paid for her, and you can either keep that money; or get a new little." Dante thought about it. He would miss Brandi; but he knew that he could not compete with a beloved. Dante gave them an answer " Okay, but can I say goodbye to her before I leave? Marco was not a heartless man. He nodded his head in agreement " of course you can; and Dante she is in good hands, you dont have to worry I will make sure that she is happy; and of course her uncles will as well." Marco said turning towards Tatum and Arrow who were nodding in agreement.