The Aftermath

It almost did. Suddenly the door was broken down by the cops and he stopped in his tracks. I closed my eyes and just sobbed. I was so glad Quincy called the police. The police came and took him out while my mother was walking in. She was in shock, but also in denial.

"What did you do to him?" she asked me while I was still laying on the floor.

What did she just say?

I slowly turned myself over to look at her, wincing in pain. She was crying, but not for me.

"You tried to sleep with him?" she asked me.

"No, mom he tried to-"

"Don't even tell that lie!" she shouted. "Get out of my house!"

"Mom, please." I begged, using the wall to help me stand. "You have to believe me!"

"Well, I don't.... So get out!" she screamed while throwing my shirt at me.

I grabbed my shirt, covering my chest up while a policemen escorted me out of my own house.

After questioning me for less than 3 minutes, the police officer suggested taking me to the hospital, but I just wanted to go home. So that what he did; he took me home. I didn't have my keys, so I just rang the doorbell, barely being able to stand. The door opened almost immediately, which frightened me. I flinched, thinking I was going to have to run. But it was just Atticus with a face of anger, yet worry.

"What in the actual fuck." he snapped while lifting me up, holding me in bridal style. I never put back on my shirt, I just used it to cover my chest. I wrapped my hands around his neck and I balled like a baby. I cried in the crease of his neck, literally sobbing. They could hear me and they attempted to talk over me, which would barely work.

"Shit!" PJ yelled out, standing up from off the couch.

I looked around and I didn't see Quincy or Auggie.

"Serena, what happened?" PJ asked.

Good question. 

Will you quiet up!

Fine. 

I wanted to answer him, but my throat was so scratchy from screaming and my body was so sore from being beaten. I was literally shaking. I just kept on balling and Atticus rubbed my back. Atticus looked over at PJ and said, "Call Quincy. I think we need to take her to the hospital, but I'm not sure so call him."

PJ replied, "She's literally shaking so bad. I think we should just go."

"Call Quincy!" He exclaimed.

I nodded my head trying to tell him that it's not necessary. But he carried me to my room and commanded me, "Stop trying to move, okay!"

I jumped in fear, almost screaming, and he noticed. "I'm sorry. It's okay, alright. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." He promised.