Promise Me

That day after school, I came home and Atticus was already laying on the couch

That day after school, I came home and Atticus was already laying on the couch. I couldn't help but ask him about Britt. "Hey have you talked to Britt?" I asked, sitting next to him on the couch. Quincy was in the kitchen, which means he could hear our conversation. 

"Yeah. I can't believe she got beat up and didn't tell me. How'd you find out anyway?" he asked as my eyes went wide. 

That lying bitch...

"Wait what?" I asked, facing towards him. "What did she say exactly?" 

"Uh... She told me that some bastard beat her up. She didn't really get into details about it. She was really shaken up." he explained casually, focused on the TV. 

I glanced back at Quincy and his eyes were wide. I didn't know what to say. I couldn't lie to him, I couldn't keep this secret from him. "That's not what happened." I admitted, closing my eyes, not wanting to see his reaction. 

"What?" 

I adjusted myself on the couch and opened my eyes. I looked at him and looked really calm. Scary calm. Like he knew she wasn't telling him the whole truth. "She... She um... You should talk to her." I avoided the truth. I ran upstairs, not giving him any time to protest. 

I walked into the hallway and my door was open, and the light was on. 

Two things... I never keep my door open and before I leave, I turn my light off. It couldn't be the twins because Auggie is out with Lance and Derek and PJ is out with Iyla. 

Could it be Eric? 

Don't you ever say that again! 

Well... is it? 

Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe I'm thinking too hard into it. However, I'm not leaving anything up for chance. "Quincy..." I called out, slowly backing away from my room. 

"What???" he screamed back. Why couldn't he just come up when I called? Why did he have to ask me?

In less than three seconds later, my door opened up and I screamed my lungs off. Imagine my relief, when I saw it was Atlas. I grabbed my heart while I heard loud, quick footsteps coming up the stairs. 

Atticus looked like he grew three feet taller and Quincy looked like he knew Atlas was there. "I forgot to tell you Atlas was here." Quincy added, holding Atticus back. Atticus let out a breath of relief. 

"You probably should have said that." Atticus snapped at Quincy, nudging his shoulder. "You had us shit scared." 

I almost pissed my pants. 

"Why did you let him in her room, anyways?" Atticus asked, folding his arms, attempting to intimidate Atlas. "Downstairs now!" We all headed downstairs. Atticus gave us a couple of looks, here and there. But I knew he wanted me to tell him about Britt.