Trials and Era

"Uh

"Uh.. yeah. Friday evening to Monday mornings I stay with my mom. That's the custody agreement this past year. I was supposed to stay with my mom Saturday to Monday because it was my dad's birthday Friday. When I was heading to my mom's that morning she called me saying that we had to reschedule." I started. "It was fine. I mean it was weird, but it was fine. My brother suggested going out and I really wanted Cane's because it was my favorite."

"How many brothers do you have?"

"Four. I have four brothers. Quincy, Atticus, PJ, and Auggie." I answered.

"Can you address them by their legal name?"

"Yes sorry. Quincy, Atticus, Peter-James, and Luka."

"Great. You can proceed." the lawyer quipped.

"Um.. okay. Quincy, PJ.. I mean Peter-James, and Luka went to Zaxby's. When we got there my mom was out with him...."

"With who Ms. Holden. We need you to use names."

I avoided eye-contact with Eric because honestly I wouldn't be able to hold myself together if I looked at him. "My mom was with E-eric.. I was upset because my mom ditched me to go out with her boyfriend. So I started crying... My brother Augg- Luka went to go confront her and that's when things got heated. Eric stood up and punched my brother for no reason at all. At this point, I thought that he was a psychopath because he literally hit him and Luka didn't do anything."

"Did your brother hit him or your mom?" the lawyer asked me.

Boy please.

"No never! My brother has been a pacifist his whole life. He doesn't believe in violence. While he is verbally aggressive never physically. So Eric hitting my brother was crazy to say the least." I answered, getting more and more upset. "Eric hit him for no reason at all! My brothers knowing that Aug- Luka wasn't going to hit him back defended him. They hit Eric as they should have."

"Ms. Holden please calm down. It's okay, you can take your time."

Don't you love it when men tell you to calm down? 

I glanced over at my family and they were all smiling at me. Except Atticus, he was too busy throwing knives with his eyes at Eric, which made me smile.

"Right, sorry. Anyways we started to leave, but my mom came back and decided she wanted me to go back with her. We didn't put up much of a fight because she's my mother, but I made it very clear that I did not want to go." I explained. "I was terrified to say the least of Eric. Either way, we left and my mom left me with him. She went to get bandages from the store. I went straight into my room and for about an hour. I didn't want to be around him. And this is when things started getting rough."

"In what way?" my lawyer asked. "I really need you to say all of the details."

"He called me down and I came. He grabbed my wrist and he put it on his..." I stammered. I was getting more than nervous. It was the most uncomfortable thing ever. When I told my family, I never got into serious detail. It felt like I was reliving it.