All Else Failed

A T T I C U S 

A/N A good song to listen to during this chapter is the Pluto Projector by Rex Orange County. ESPECIALLY SLOWED! I put it up top just in case you wanna listen while you read <3

After Britt explained the entirety of the situation, I was honestly speechless. Well I wasn't speechless, but I couldn't say the words that were forming in my head. It would be insensitive and slightly immature, right? After all this isn't about me. Even though, I would love nothing more than to be selfish. 

She took a deep breath once she completely finished. "Say something..." she plead, looking over at me. 

As I said, I didn't have anything good to say. But Britt being Britt, didn't want to hear the  right answer, she wanted me to be myself. "Don't worry about protecting my feelings. I wanna know what's on your mind." she added after seeing I wasn't going to say anything. 

"I wanna kill someone! No, matter of fucking fact, I am going to kill him! Who is he? Who did it?" I asked, fuming, steam basically coming off of me. The strain I made, caused tension on my mind. I gritted my teeth together, but I wasn't done with our conversation.

Brittany seemed to notice that I was making my wound worse because the affects of it started. My eyes started drooping and my breathing became super shallow. I felt myself, slipping to the edge of unconscienceness. 

"We'll talk about this later. You need to save your strength-" I cut her off with being loud and irritable. 

"You're fucking right! I need to save every bit of my strength for that fucker who did this to you!" 

She seemed to be unphased by my words. This is the Britt I missed. The one who didn't mind my belligerence. The girl who would scream right back at me, or she would dismiss me. 

She took another deep breath and looked around the studio. "When are the freaking police going to show up? Do they do anything right?" she asked, sounding annoyed herself. Her annoyance made me even more pissed with the situation. 

I nodded my head in aggravation. She didn't deserve this after all she has been through lately. Let me run into the fucktards who started this shit, I will beat the shit ou-t-ta them...... Woah! I'm losing it. 

Out of the blue, I announced, "Hey Brittany, I'm losing it." 

She looked at me with terror in her eyes and the shuffled to sit directly in front of me. She started to try her best to keep me lucid, but nothing seemed to work. That was until she slapped the shit out of me. I forgot how hard she hits.