Chapter Eight

Jeon Jungkook

The next morning, I woke up to see that Sunhee was preparing breakfast in the kitchen.

She turned to me with a smile on her face as she was mixing the pancake batter, "Morning Kookie!"

"Morning," I dryly replied. I was feeling a bit off since Y/N spilled her feelings. I couldn't point out exactly what it was, but all I know is that, I missed Y/N.

Have you ever started thinking differently—well no let's not say that...how about, have you ever started to see things more clearly, once you've lost someone or something? I was going through that right now. About my feelings for Sunhee. I don't doubt that I love her but I'm also not sure if this is what I want anymore.

"About Y/N," I looked up at her, watching as she halted her movements, "are you sure that you didn't say anything to upset her? You didn't tell her to stay away from me or anything?"

Her face showed one of fear, but it quickly disappeared as she forced a smile, "No! I wouldn't do anything like that. She's your best friend Kookie. I know how much she means to you..." Sunhee walked over, placing her hands on either of my shoulders as she begin to massage them, "She did call your phone that day though. I told her that you were sleeping..."

I nodded my head. I really wasn't sure what to believe anymore. On one hand, Sunhee is my wife and I'm always supposed to be on her side, and on the other hand Y/N is my best friend, so I should believe her as well.

"Well something upset her to the point that she wanted to leave. She's gone..." I looked away as I really didn't want to admit out loud that I had yelled at Y/N in the store that day. I was still feeling bad about that. "I believe it was what I said to her that day when I saw her while grocery shopping. I said somethings that I shouldn't have. I'll try calling her later today, I want to apologize."

Sunhee mumbled a quick, "Okay," before turning back to continue the breakfast preparation.

I watched as Sunhee made the plates and brought them over to the table. She sported that same beautiful smile that she always showed on her face, no matter how hard of a time she was having, she always made sure to smile. Her smile was one of an angel. There was no way she could have said anything rude to Y/N. I just couldn't believe it.

The two of us ate in silence. Neither not knowing what to say right now. It was pretty clear that things were awkward after the mention of Y/N.

Y/N should have dealt with her situation like an adult. She should have faced it head on, but instead she left. She acted as a child, by leaving and running from her problems. Tch.

The sudden banging from the door, startled the two of us, causing us to pause from eating our meal, "Are you expecting someone at this time?"

I shook my head no to Sunhees question before I made my way over to the door, so that I could answer it. "It's just Yoongi hyung..." I said after looking through the peep hole.

"Hyung!—" I begin to welcome him but my words were cut off as he grabbed my collar and pinned me against the wall.

"You piece of shit!" His eyes showed one of anger. It was pretty hard to get Min Yoongi to this point, for the simple fact that he tried to keep his cool around us, we were all younger. "Are you finally happy now? After running her away? You sit here and eat breakfast with your wife without any care in the fucking world!?"

Ah. That's what this was about. She seriously was making a big problem out of this whole things. I sighed, "She's just in Daegu, she'll be back soon. She's just throwing a tantrum and wanted to make a scene by leaving. Ignore it and give her a week."

He scoffed, "You're really not a good best friend to her at all. I'm beginning to think that you never deserved her. She's not in fucking Daegu. I called my friend who lives next door to her parents house, Y/N never showed up there. She has no where else to go in Daegu. She lied. Also, have you tried calling her anytime? I'm sure you haven't, because if so, you'd know that her number has changed as well."

What? I had tried calling but it just went to voicemail. "I called last night, it went to voicemail. If she's not in Daegu, then where the hell could she be!?" I was worried now. Where are you? I'm sorry I upset you, but please just tell me you're safe.

I walked over and sat on the sofa, rubbing my temples. Congratulations Jungkook! You had really ran your best friend away, instead of consoling her and letting her down easily, you were so rude about it.

Yoongi scoffed at Sunhee as she stared wide-eyed, "You must be so happy hearing this right? She's gone. Like you wanted, now you have Jungkook all alone and you don't have to worry about her stealing him from you. That's what it was right? You were worried that she'd eventually win over his heart because you know, like I know, how much she really means to him."

I watched as her eyes glossed over with tears, before she ran towards our shared bedroom, making sure to slam the door behind her. Did she really say those things to Y/N?

Min Yoongi walked out, without saying anything else. I was completely alone in the living room, able to listen to my own thoughts.

My phone begin vibrating on the dining table. I walked over to pick it up, but as I got closer, I noticed that it wasn't my phone, but Sunhees.

I reached forward to grab the phone so that I could give it to Sunhee, when the message on the screen caught my attention.

Byeol:
Don't feel bad. He's your husband, you have to protect what's yours. I'm sure that he'll understand.

A/N:
Oh ☠️