Chapter Twenty

Jeon Jungkook

"Hey... uh, I brought Tae with me, I hope you don't mind..."

I watched as she awkwardly took a seat in the chair across from mine as he took the seat next to hers. Angry was an understatement as to how I was currently feeling. Here I am trying to make amends with her and get rid of the obvious elephant in the room between us two, something I feel like is bit personal and should stay between us, and here she was, bringing her boyfriend along.

"What the hell, Y/N? I asked to speak with you, not your goddamn—"

"Boyfriend." He answered, causing me to clench my jaw. It was taking everything in me to hold myself back from reaching across this table and picking him up by his collar. I would control myself though, for her sake, but there was only so much I could take if he was going to act like this.

"Why is he here? Don't you think the things you and I need to discuss should remain between us?" I looked over at her, completely ignoring his words.

I don't give a fuck what he is to her. I wanted to talk to her, not the two of them together. If I wanted that then I would've been sure to include his name in my text to her.

"Jungkook." She looked up at me, rolling her eyes before looking up at me, "Please don't cause a scene. Neither of you."

She picked up the small menu in the center of the table, trying to distract herself from the situation at hand but who was she fooling? I know Y/N, and there's no way that she can comfortably eat when she's placed in an awkward scenario. (A/N: this is not me, I will eat whenever, wherever.)

She looked over at him, earning a wink and a slight smirk in return. Was everything a joke to this guy? What does she even see in someone like him?

I shook away any of my negative thoughts, deciding to just get to the topic at hand, which was apologizing. "Look, I wanted to apologize for my behavior that night at the grocery. It was totally uncalled for and insensitive of me to go off like that. I spoke to Sunhee and she's admitted to the things you'd said she'd done. I feel like a jerk because I should've believed you, even if it was just small ounce of belief, I should've. But I didn't. So, can we move forward from that and go back to how we were before—"

The low sound of laughter coming from Y/N caused me to abruptly stop my words and scan her over to see what was wrong.

"You think that something like that can just be forgiven because you've now realized that you were in the wrong and because she admitted it? No, Jungkook. That's not this works. That's now how any of this works. You don't understand how painful that was for me—to have the only person I've had by my side for so long, not believe me. I've never once lied to you—about anything... so why would you ever think that I was lying to you about something like that?"

I could see the tears glistening and pooling around the bottom of her eyes. I badly wanted to hug her, to reach over and tell her to stop crying because everything was fine, but that was a lie. I had genuinely hurt her and I deserved this treatment from her.

She wiped the tears from under her eyes before taking a deep breath and speaking up, "I get it. You know? You may not like me and you may never like me the way I like you, but you didn't have to be so harsh about it. I wish you would've took my feelings into consideration and also the fact that I never meant for you to find out in the first place. I had already decided that I'd hurt alone before putting you in an awkward situation—I didn't need you to add to that pain—"