Chapter Twenty Nine

After Jisoo's little tantrum, you stayed behind in the bathroom, laughing to yourself before collecting your thoughts and making you way back to the table. You had to be sure that you weren't imagining things, because you really couldn't believe that she'd just came and said that to you as if you were both high schoolers with the same crush.

"Everything good, Y/N? The call seemed a bit urgent?" Taehyung questioned, worry written across his face.

If only he knew, the call wasn't the problem, but the woman sitting next to him was.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It was just Jungkook asking me a question." You then picked up your fork and taking a bite of your meal.

"Jungkook, huh? He's your boyfriend?" Jisoo asked as she sent you a wicked smirk.

"No, he's not my boyfriend but my best friend. My boyfriend is the man sitting here with us at this table." You had said the words before you'd even realized that you were saying them. It may have been a bit childish but she was asking for it.

It's not like it was a lie though. According to the media, you were his girlfriend.

Taehyung suddenly begin to choke on his meal as he registered your words. You could see the shocked expression on his face as he wasn't expecting you to say it out loud. The two of you hadn't told her about your dating (fake) and she wasn't one to follow the news so she hadn't seen it in the media yet, so it was a surprise to her, this new information.

"What?" She moved her eyes from you to Taehyung, reaching across the table and taking his hand in hers, "S-She's lying? You're not dating her right, oppa?"

Taehyung slightly winced at the way she'd made her voice squeaky while speaking to him, as he slid his hand from her hold, "Actually, yeah, she's my girlfriend."

"What about your promise to me?" Jisoo had begun to stomp her feet, making a dramatic fuss.

"Promise?" He quirked an eyebrow, "What promise did I make?"

You tried, you really did try to hold back the laughter but you couldn't. You accidentally laughed out loud, earning a glare from the girl across the table. "My bad, sorry, sorry."

He didn't even remember the promise that she was oh so proud to let you know about.

"You said that we would get married—you and I!"

He chuckled, covering his mouth with his hand, "Ah, that promise? We were kids Jisoo. Don't tell me you took my words seriously? You're like a little sister to me, I can't marry you—it's like marrying Taehee." He reached over, patting her on the head—the same way a brother would do a younger sibling.

"Tch. Whatever. We're not siblings! I'll change your mind about me—just watch! Y/N," she glared at you, "if Taehyung happens to fall in love with me, then you have to willingly give him up."

She crossed her arms across her chest as she raised a brow, almost challenging you. Did she think that you and her would fight over this man as if he was some prize to be won?

"I won't fight you for him, no. But. If you do succeed in making him fall in love with you—then it's simply nothing that I can do. I won't force him to be where he isn't happy. I care way too much about him for something like that." You shrugged your shoulders before going back to eating your food, ignoring Taehyung's lingering eyes that had stared at you.

He was proud of you. Proud of his girl.

He stared at you a lot these days. Little did he know, you caught him every time.

__________

Jungkooks POV (here)

"Have your father given you the address yet?" I questioned Sunhee as she stood in front of the mirror, fixing her shirt.