Chapter Thirty Two

It had been a few days since Jungkook forcefully kissed you. Today, you were meeting up with him for lunch as he'd asked if the two of you could meet up and talk. This time, he made sure to specify that he wanted to meet you alone, so that you wouldn't bring Taehyung along.

So, here you were, standing in the mirror of your bedroom, fixing your clothing so that you could leave out.

"Are you sure the two of you will only talk?" Taehee snickered as she asked, finding amusement in the bored expression on your face. It was clear that you wasn't up to meeting JK right now, but whatever.

You hadn't spoken to anyone about your crush on Jungkook being no more, so everyone still thought you were head over heels for the guy.

You turned to her, "Yes, Taehee. Jungkook doesn't like me that way, for one, and for two, he's married. What else would we possibly meet up to do, except talk?"

Before, you would've loved to hear jokes about you and Jungkook being together, but now, it was annoying to hear. The feelings you had for Jungkook are not there anymore.

"I don't know what else the two of you could do—maybe, he'd bend you over a table and take you—"

"What the hell are you talking about, Taehee?" Taehyung's stern voice could be heard as he appeared in the doorway of your room. "Bending over?"

Taehee walked over to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder, "Y/N is going to meet up with Jungkook! Doesn't she look pretty?"

You watched as she sent you a wink. It was clear what she was trying to do. She want to make Taehyung jealous, she wanted to see him act out so that she could confirm what she's been saying—that he likes you.

But, you already knew of Taehyung's feelings, because he confessed. Taehee just doesn't know that he's confessed.

"Of course she looks beautiful. She always does. But what were you saying about bending over?"

You mentally face palmed yourself as you threw your head back. Taehee really just had to say that, huh?

"Nothing!" You spoke up, "Jungkook and I are just meeting to talk." You clenched your jaw at a smirking Taehee, "Talk. Only. In a very, very public place."

Taehyung forced a smile, "Oh okay, good. I don't want the media to make another issue like they did with you and Yoongi. So, be on your best behavior, yeah?"

It was like he said one thing, but meant another. Don't do anything with Jungkook.

You playfully rolled your eyes, "Okay. I'll be a good girlfriend. But, I've gotta go now guys! Be back later!"

You ran passed the two, blowing them a quick kiss as you did so, ignoring the looks that they were giving each other.

__________

"No, listen! I'm not asking you to be with me... I'm just saying, things are different now!"

"How, Jungkook? You're still married to her and besides, I was never sure what I wanted out of my crush on you, I don't want a relationship with you—I think..." Your words trailed off as you released a deep sigh, picking up your drink and downing the rest in one go.

Jungkook had finally admitted that he had feelings for you, and he'd expected you to be happy about it, but you couldn't.

You hadn't told him yet because you didn't want to hurt him the same way that he'd hurt you when he rejected you, but the feelings were no longer mutual. You didn't like Jungkook anymore and you needed him to let this whole thing between the two of you go.

"So, if I end things with Sunhee, you still wouldn't be with me?" You could practically see the disappointment on his face.

"Jungkook, listen to yourself and just think about what it is that you're asking me. You're asking me to just drop everything, and be with you because now, you're the one that's ready? What about my feelings and what I think? Hell, what about Sunhee and her feelings? How do you think she would feel? She loves you, Jungkook."

You grabbed your purse, ready to get up and get the hell away from here before you bring attention to you both. You were angry. Luckily, he'd chosen a ducked off place and there weren't many customers, just a few elders.

"Wait," he held the sleeve of your jacket, holding you back, "I know I sound ridiculous. I know." He looked at the floor, causing your heart to clench at how pathetic he'd looked. He was still your best friend before anything. "But, seeing you with him, and happy... I just don't like it."

You looked down at him in shock, "Jungkook. Go home, you're not in your right mind right now. Where your phone?—I'll call Sunhee for you."

"Sunhee? Tch." He leaned back in his chair, "Do you love Taehyung? Does he genuinely make you happy?"

Yes. You wanted to say. Taehyung made you happy. When you needed someone by your side, Taehyung had been that person for you.

"He does." You admitted, "He makes me happy, Jungkook."

"Ah, I'm such a fuck up, huh? If I would've admitted how I felt back then, maybe we could've been together already. You and I could've been happy."

You were beginning to regret coming to talk to him. When he asked you to meet up, this is not at all what you were expecting.

Reaching across the table, you took his phone and messaged Sunhee the address, telling her to come and pick him up.

"Kook, it's too late for that now. You have Sunhee and I... I have Taehyung. Let's forget about me ever having feelings for you, hm? Let's go back to the way things were before, okay? I miss my best friend."

You then stood up and walked out of the diner, leaving Jungkook alone. You couldn't sit there for another second and watch as he looked so broken.

__________

Kim Taehyung

"Hoseok. He didn't touch her or anything did he?"

"No, not at all, sir. It looks as if he is drunk and miss Y/N is leaving now."

I sighed in relief at this information. I didn't mean to send Hoseok to follow her, but there was an unsettling feeling in my chest when she walked out. She don't know that I know, but I saw that day, when Jungkook forcefully pulled Y/N into a kiss.

"Okay, thank you. I appreciate your work." I ended the call, sinking back into my office chair and diving back into my work.

"Tae!" Taehee pushed through my office door, a stern look on her face, "I'm tired of this game you're playing with Y/N, when will you tell her how you feel? I see the heart eyes whenever you look at her."

I grabbed a file, pretending to be working hard on a project, "I don't know what you're talking about Taehee. Go get some sleep, it's a bit late."

She stomped over to my desk, pulling her a chair along with her. "No. You need to hurry and make things official with Y/N before Jisoo finds out. You know she would do anything to make you hers and I don't want Y/N getting hurt in the process!"

A/N:
Apple juice over orange juice. Don't kill me. 🤨

May be the last update for today. I don't know yet.