Chapter Thirty Eight

It had now been two days since the incident with Jisoo.

That meant two days with Jisoo staying in Taehyung's hotel. Two days with JK blowing up your phone about if what he heard from Sunhee was true—if you and Taehyung were really in love. Two days of being bombarded with questions from Taehee wanting to know when you and Tae made things real.

Two days of you acting like some shy, school girl around Taehyung and lowkey avoiding him.

Yes, you've been avoiding him. Just a bit though. He tried whenever he could, to talk to you in private or when the two of you happened to be in a room alone, and you always made your way out of it. Why? Because after your daring words thrown to Jisoo and Sunhee and the very bold kiss you gave to him, you didn't know how to act.

So, here you were, walking to the kitchen to prepare yourself a meal. It had been a long morning, and food always helped in times like this.

"Hmm," you hummed to yourself as you searched through the pantry, "what to eat... what to eat. Maybe, pancakes, oooh, or waffles? Ah! Pancakes and waffles?" You clapped your hands together at the thought of the crispy pancakes and waffles that you loved so much.

You danced your little body over towards the cabinet so that you could get a mixing bowl for the ingredients.

"I'd usually tell you to stop dancing around all these kitchen utensils as it isn't safe, but I dunno, I kind of like the view from behind... so, continue." Taehyung's voice startled you, causing you to drop the glass bowl that was currently in your hold.

"Ah," you yelped as you watched the bowl fall from your hands and shatter extremely close to your bare feet. You immediately dropped down and begin gathering pieces of glass, "Tae! You scared me. I'm sorry about the bowl—"

You were too distracted with the task at hand that you hadn't noticed when he moved from his spot on the door frame and made his way to you, until he took your small hand in his big one and picked you up, carrying you over before carefully placing you onto the bar stool. "Don't worry, babe." He kissed your temple, "It's only a bowl. No biggie."

He's right. Why were you making a big deal out of a single glass bowl? This man was a hotel CEO, I'm sure he can go out today and buy one hundred more of these exact glass bowls? Was it because you dropped the bowl or because you were now in a position where you couldn't just run away and leave him alone in the room.

"How about this... you let me get this mess up for you, and you got get ready. I'll take you out for breakfast, my treat."

You begin shaking your head as you were about to politely decline his offer. The last thing you needed was to be in a place sitting face to face with Kim Taehyung.

"I can't!" You quickly responded causing him to pause in cleaning up the glass so that he could look at you.

"Why not? Taehee said you were free today... I actually asked her." He mumbled the last part loud enough for you to hear.

His bottom lip poked out as he said it. You wanted to just accept his offer but you still weren't ready yet and also you needed time to deal with it all.

"I, uh, I have plans... with Jungkook!"

You watched as Taehyung froze his movements for a second before quickly continuing to get the glass up. "I understand, maybe next time?"

He dumped the glass pieces before standing up straight and dusting his hands off.

You could've sworn you saw something red on his hands but you ignored it as he quickly placed his hands inside his pockets.

"Yeah, Jungkook agreed to meet me. We are going to talk about things..." The lie fell right out of your mouth so easily, making you feel instant regret.

"About the two of you?..." He mumbled.

"Yeah! I mean... not like that, we're just going to talk. I'll be back later!" You quickly scurried away as you ran into your room to get dressed. You grabbed your phone hoping that Jungkook could meet you now since you'd lied about it.

__________

Taehyungs POV

I knew that she'd been avoiding me purposely and I couldn't take it anymore. I'd missed her so badly, even if I could just get a hello from her, it'd be great.

"...I'll take you out for breakfast...on me?"

The smile on my face fell as I saw her slowly shaking her head as a no to my offer. "I can't!" She answered a bit too quickly.

I guess she really doesn't want to hang out with me. I'd planned on asking if this could be our first date together as a step to get her to like me, I even asked Taehee if she was free today.

"Why not? Taehee said you were free today... I actually asked her."

I pouted as I spoke, this was actually the first time that I've felt so deeply about a girl and she was avoiding me. Not to sound cocky or anything but this was a blow to the heart, I never get rejected.

"I, uh, I have plans...with Jungkook!"

I stopped picking up the glass, her words threw me off focus causing me to accidentally cut myself on a piece of glass. I finished getting up the glass anyway. "I understand, maybe next time?"

I walked over to the trash and dumped all the glass pieces into it, mentally reminding myself to be careful when taking that trash bag out.

"Yeah, Jungkook agreed to meet me. We are going to talk about things..."

She looked at the floor as she spoke. It was like she couldn't even talk to me. If she felt bad about choosing Jungkook over me then she didn't have to, I wouldn't be mad at her for going to talk with him. I'm not that type of boyfriend.

I nodded my head, "About the two of you?..."

"Yeah! I mean... not like that, we're just going to talk. I'll be back later!" She ran out of the kitchen after she was done speaking.

I walked over to the table and slumped down into one of the chairs. I was too deep in my own thoughts to hear Taehee enter the kitchen.

"Hey, where's Y/N?" She hit me on my back walking over and opening the fridge.

"She's going out with Jungkook... why did you tell me she was free today?"

Taehee showed a face of confusion before speaking. "She never mentioned it to me, sorry."

__________

I tapped on the table as I waited for Jungkook to arrive at the cafe.

When I called him, he answered the phone and immediately agreed to meet me. It was as if he was waiting for me to call him.

"Hey, I'm actually glad that you called. There's something I wanted to talk to you about..."

I nodded my head as I watched him pull something from out of the bag he brought with. It was a big white envelope.

He sat it on the table, faced down. "This is a Divorce agreement... I've already signed my name. If you give me the answer that I want to hear today, then I'll talk to Sunhee about signing hers. Please. Tell me that I still have a chance and what Sunhee said about you and Taehyung was not true..."

A/N:
Jungkook being a jerk. 😒😒 Sunhee is highkey a bitch but really!? You just try to divorce her so fast? No warning!? 🤣

A filler chapter guys, I've been out of it again lol, I'll get back on track soon