Chapter Forty Six

"Take a seat here. Mr Kim will be out with you shortly to began conducting the interview. Best of luck." You nodded as the kind secretary walked back over to her desk.

You'd gotten a call back after applying for the job, almost immediately. The job wasn't a huge position, just an assistant to Mr Kim, input date, schedule appointments and meeting, handle emails.

You'd work directly under the CEO, Mr Kim of Kim Resorts.

Staring around at the grand interior of the work place, you hadn't noticed the tall figure approach you, "Miss Y/N. I'm ready to interview you whenever you are." He chuckled, causing you to quickly focus on him, coming in contact with the dimples that were displayed on each cheek.

The two of you entered a room which seemed to be his personal office, as you took in the name plate sat in the front center of his desk.

You took a seat in the available chair as he sat behind his desk, retrieving the documents which seemed to have your information in them.

"Hello, I'm Mr Kim Namjoon, I'm sure you're already aware of that but, eh." He shrugged before looking down at the file in his hands, "Why is it that you applied for the position here at my company?... You do know who I am, correct?"

His words threw you off. Of course you knew who he was? He's Kim Namjoon, CEO of Kim Resorts. Is that not him?

"Uh, yes," you smiled at him, confused at to why you were being asked this, "I know who you are. After applying here, I did a bit of research on the man that I'd be working for. And I'm sorry, but I don't have any spectacular reason as to why I applied here. If I'm being completely honest with you, it's simply because I need a job, and the position being offered here matches the job that I did previously. I'm a hard worker! I'll be sure to work my best."

"You—need a job? What about your boyfriend—or whatever the two of you are? Kim Taehyung? He doesn't take care of you?" He asked as he folded his hands together in a very intimidating way, his eyes staring daggers into yours.

You couldn't believe that he'd just asked you that in an interview. Also, why was it that you needed to depend on Taehyung so badly?

"With all due respect Mr Kim, I don't think my relationship with Taehyung has anything to do with me applying to be a personal assistant. But, if you absolutely should know, he has no problems taking care of me. It's just that I am a woman who wants to be able to stand on her own without the dependence of her rich boyfriend."

He smiled as he looked down at his lap, letting out a low chuckle before looking back up at you, "Ah. You're an independent type, huh? First girl that I've seen Taehyung take serious in a long while. You must be something special."

This was all beginning to annoy you. You didn't come here to talk about Kim Taehyung or your relationship with him, you came here to be interviewed for a job.

"Sir, will we—"

"You're hired." His words caused you to open your mouth in surprise. He didn't even interview you, to be honest it felt like an interview about Kim Taehyung.

"That easily?" You asked.

He winked at you. "That easily. Your boyfriend wouldn't like to hear this though..." he scooted forward, leaning across the desk, getting closer to you, as he whispered, "the two of us don't really get along."

Your eyes widened in shock as you heard his words. What had you just done?

You forced a smile as you asked, "Do you mean like just a small dislike between the two of you?" Surely it couldn't be nothing serious right? How will you tell Taehyung if it is.

"Sweetheart, if Taehyung was a hitman, I'm sure he'd have me first on his list."

So it was something serious. Okay, wow. Why the fuck didn't he feel the need to tell you all this before hiring you? And why the fuck didn't any of the research sites your searched up, have any of this reported?

You stood up as he did, reaching your hand out to shake his. "Welcome to the company, it'll be nice working with you. I'll have my secretary, email you a list of exact things I'll need for you to do. Dress code, and times I'll need you here."

You nodded before turning to walk to the door to take your exit. You needed to get out of here and talk to Taehee.

"Oh, Miss Y/N..." He spoke, causing you to halt your steps and turn back to face him, "I only have one rule as your boss..." He smirked.

"...and what exactly is that Mr.Kim?"

"It's that you put me first. When I call you, you get here."

You gave a quick thumbs up before exiting his office. Pulling out your phone, you immediately sent Taehee a text telling her to meet you at Jimins place ASAP.

__________

"—Talk!" Taehee blurted out as the two of you have been sitting in Jimin's living room in complete silence for the last fifteen minutes.

"I don't know what to say..." You looked up at her, "I messed up... I think I messed up bad."

She shrugged as she dipped her pretzel in cheese, "Whatever it is it can't be that bad, right? Spill."

You looked at her as you said you words, "I applied for a job..."

"Okay..." She kept her focus on her pretzel.

"It's a nice job you know? Nothing too crazy." You continued.

"I'm listening... what's the job? Why do you seem like you just committed a crime or something? Did you apply to be a fucking assassin?"

You smiled, "Haha, I wish. That'd be better than what I really did. I, uh, I'm a personal assistant to a big CEO..."

"Really?" She bit into her pretzel. "Who is your boss? Maybe I know him? I know a lot big CEOs. Perks of having a brother that's a big CEO." She bragged.

"Uh... Mr Kim Nam—"

"You're lying!" She moved her eyes over to you quickly as she sat her pretzel down, giving you her full attention, "Y/N! Tell me you're joking right?..."

She watched as you shook your head side to side as a way of saying no. "I'm not joking..."

"Taehyung and him hate each other! Taehyung would never allow you to keep working there! He'd rather you work for him."

You threw your head back as you kicked the air. "He told me that they hated each other... but it was after he hired me! What do I do? I should've just agreed to work for Tae when I had the chance!" You turned you body to the side while pouting as you asked Taehee. "Why do they even hate each other? Maybe I can fix it and everything will be okay?"

Taehee shook her head no. "There's no fixing what's broken between those two, remember Jisoo mentioning Anna?..."

A/N:
Good morning ☀️