Chapter Forty Eight

Today was your first official day of work—with Kim Namjoon. You'd decided to stay the night with Taehyung, so that Taehee and him could both send you off for your first day. And also, just to ease Tae's mind a bit. You know he felt a bit worried about sending you with Mr Kim.

Although he wasn't a fan of you working for Namjoon, you'd respected that he didn't ask you to quit or cause a scene about it.

He was trying, for the sake of your relationship. That's all that mattered really. He was learning to trust you more as you were with him.

You sped up your paste, looking down at your attire again for the sixth time in the last twenty minutes, making sure that you'd look presentable. There wasn't anything more important than a first impression.

Taehee had decided to make a huge breakfast this morning and actually sit and watch you eat everything off your plate before allowing you to leave, so you we're running a tad bit late.

"Where the hell is your new assistant? It's quite bold of her to not show up on time for her first day..." You heard a voice speak as you neared your Boss' office. The voice sounded familiar but you weren't quite sure yet.

"I'm here!" You barged in, panting as you'd practically ran here, "I'm so sorry that I'm late! I'll do better—"

The sight before you caused you to choke on your words. There, sitting on the huge sofa in your Boss' office, was your best friend, or your former best friend—Jeon Jungkook. He was dressed in a formal suit, his hair styled back in a professional manner. You'd never seen him look so official before.

"I'll let it pass for this time, but Miss, don't let it happen again." He motioned over to Jungkook sitting, "This is a good friend of mine, Jeon Jungkook, he used to be very good with interior designing and I have assigned him to help you with your first project, he will be redesigning my resort."

Jeon Jungkook? An interior designer? This must be some sort of joke.

Unable to hide your curiosity, you looked over at Jungkook, "How long have you been in your field of work? With all due respect, I've never heard of your designs before?"

Jungkook winked at you with his adorable bunny smile as Namjoon begin talking, "When he worked on designing back then, he'd remained anonymous in his designs. This job will sort of be like his debut. He will finally show his face to the world alongside his work."

You couldn't believe what you were hearing honestly. How come he never thought to share this with you! The two of you are—were best friends for gods sake!

"I'll be heading into a private meeting, the two of you can work here for the time being. Starting tomorrow, you'll have an office Y/N." You nodded as Namjoon exited the room, leaving you alone with Jungkook.

"You didn't tell me you were a freaking interior designer!" You lightly hit him with the bag you were holding, causing him to rub the spot as if he were actually hurt.

"And you didn't tell me you were working for fucking Kim Namjoon!? Y/N, he's not the best person to be around and plus you'll be alone with him most of the time. You need to quit this position!" He freaking whisper-yelled as the two of you were going back and forth inside the office.

"He can't be that bad! Besides, this is only my first day! I'll be fine..." You leaned forward, grabbing the documents he brought with him so that you could look the over, "How are you and Sunhee doing?"

The question had been on the tip of your tongue since Namjoon exited the office. You don't know why but you were very curious to know.

"She said that she will try to give me another chance but she's not trying. I hurt her too much so I don't blame her. I don't deserve for her to even try, this is the consequence of my actions though." He shrugged his shoulders as he said so.

"I'm sorry but I don't blame her. You were a real asshole for what you did. And her too—for cheating. The two of you should call it quits or work it out, you deserve each other."

He stared at your side profile the entire time you talked. You ignored his stare, pretending you didn't notice.

"You married her. You'd vowed to be with her. After he cheating, you continued to live under the same roof as her, giving her false hope. So, of course she was hurt when you were thinking of divorcing her for me. Besides, she already hates me, I'm sure that scene she saw that day put so many thoughts into her head. You need to fix things with her or let her know what you want, that is, if you've decided that you really want to be with her still?" You finally looked over, trying to read his face.

"Do you still like me?" He blurted out, ignoring the question you'd asked.

"Jung—"

"Please, just answer. Honestly."

You rolled your eyes, as you released a deep sigh. "Jungkook. I don't know why you continue this—whatever it is. I'm with Taehyung. I love him. No, I feel nothing for you anymore." You made sure to say the last part with a stronger tone so that he'd get the picture.

He chuckled as he threw his head back. "I love Sunhee. And I love you." You looked at him with wide eyes as he continued talking. "I know this makes me a shitty man but I can't help it. You're a girl that I've known forever, someone who's always going to matter to me and she's a girl that was my first everything, someone else who will always matter to me. I would still like to be with Sunhee but after what I did, I would feel bad continuing to be with her."

It was at this moment that you'd realized that Jeon Jungkook was a mess. He didn't deserve you or Sunhee either. He needed to work on himself. He doesn't even know what it is that he wants. You can't have the best of both worlds.

"Talk to her. Communication can sometimes help a lot. Remember that." You sighed. "But Jungkook, I don't think you care for Sunhee much. Yes, she's a bitch and a cheater. But still, you don't care for her—I'm not even sure you love her anymore. You just need to have someone by your side—you don't care rather it's me or Sunhee. It's like—you're afraid of being alone."

He looked down at his lap, registering your words. "I-I don't know what I feel anymore. I really don't know. I feel like such a shitty human being for everything. I hate her. I love her. I hate you. I love you. I want to be mad at you for stirring these unknown feelings inside me—but I can't. I do want to talk to Sunhee though, but not alone. Can you be there when I talk to her?"

You did want to talk to Sunhee, so that the two of you could hash things out, but you felt like the two of them needed a one on one conversation first. Her seeing you would only continue adding fuel to the fire.

"Not this time, you're on your own Jungkook. You can do it!" You pumped your first before getting back to the documents at hand.

A/N:
Ugh. Sorry I've been away for so long!