Chapter Eighteen

The dreaded day has come.

The day you wished so badly would never arrive is here.

You were going back home to SK. The place you ran from because you'd stupidly fell in love with your best friend whom was married, and you wanted to get as far away from him as possible so that you could get over your feelings.

It'd been two weeks and you couldn't honestly say that you were one hundred percent over the man.

I mean yeah, there is something growing there for Taehyung, but you didn't love him. You didn't feel as strongly for him as you did Jungkook.

Your crush on Jungkook went back for years, so it wasn't that easy to just brush it under the rug and move on, no. And anyone would be crazy to think that.

So now, here you were strapped into one of the soft leather seats of CEO Kim Taehyung's private jet, heading back to the place you called home for the last couple of years.

You sat quietly in the seat next to Taehyung, as Taehee made herself comfortable in the seat immediately next to Hoseok. The duo sat a few seats away from yours and in the far back was your friend, Min Yoongi, sprawled out across three seats in a deep slumber. Of course it wasn't safe, but the man looked extremely comfortable.

Most people would find it weird that Taehyung is allowing his assistant, Hoseok, to sit in the seats near us instead of the seats made for his workers, but during your two weeks here, you'd observed that Taehyung didn't treat his assistant like a worker most of the time. He treated him more like a friend, or an older brother, and that was something else that you liked about him.

"So," you looked over at the man, trying to make subtle conversation, "What does your parents do? It's got to be something special, I mean look how successful you are."

He grinned, enjoying that compliment far too much. "Are we taking a new step in our relationship? We're asking about each other's families now?" He joked. "Taehee and I, we don't really have a relationship with our father, and our mom passed away due to a car accident."

You felt you heartbreak all over again as his words registered. You knew all too well, the pain of losing a parent in a car accident.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked—" You stumbled over your words, feeling horrible for bringing up his parents when it obviously wasn't any of your business.

He threw his hand, shaking off your words with a shrug, "Don't be. I'm at a point now where I'm not sad anymore. I miss her of course and I wish she could've been here to see Taehee and I. To show her how successful I've become. But I know she wouldn't want me sad. She'd want me to continue living my life to the fullest, and so far, I've done just that."

__________

Jeon Jungkook

I sat in the driving seat of my car, Jimin hyung in the passenger as I occasionally glanced at the GPS following the directions to the address that Yoongi hyung had asked us to meet at.

"Hyung," I begin, quickly looking back over at the GPS to see that I needed to take a right turn at the next light, "Be honest please, did you know that he was going? To see her in America?"

"What? No? Why the hell are you asking me that now though? He's literally on his way back."

He was being honest. Jimin hyung was like an open book at times. You can easily tell when he's hurt, when he's happy, and when he's lying.

"I just thought that maybe you were also upset with me for how I treated Y/N, and that you didn't want me to meet her."

I glanced over at him from the corner of my eyes before placing my focus back onto the road. His laughter invading my ears as I did so.