Chapter Forty Five

Things had calmed down quite a bit since you talked thing over with Taehyung.

You'd still decided to camp out at Jimin's for a few more weeks until your apartment was ready. Yes, you'd found a nice, simple apartment in your price range that you could afford for a few months. But your savings wouldn't last you forever.

It just didn't feel right to go back to Taehyung's place, especially with Sunhee still staying there. Her and Jungkook had talked and for some wild reason, they feel as if they could make their marriage work. Whatever, it's not your business really.

"So, you don't miss your little boyfriend yet?" Jimin whined as he sat a plate of food before you on the coffee table.

This is how your life had been now. Jimin treating you as if you're a baby, and you enjoying every second of it. It was times where Yoongi would come over to hang with his boyfriend, but you'd ruin it for them by being here. You felt bad honestly. But Jimin insisted that you stay for as long as you need.

"Shut up. Of course I miss him, but first, I'm putting my focus on finding a job. I have forever to be with Taehyung. I need to be able to afford my own place. I can't stay here forever and I don't want to jump back into one of his guest rooms just because we're back on good terms."

"One, you can stay here forever. You're my best friend. Two, what's wrong with staying in one of his guest rooms again?" He smirked as he picked up your spoon, trying to feed you.

You made a face of disgust as you pushed the spoon away. "I'll take all the pampering in the world from you, but being fed is where I draw the line." You laughed. "And because, I feel useless just sitting around all day. I don't like the idea of that. Before I met Taehyung I was independent, I can be independent again."

"When you have a boyfriend like Taehyung, you have no reason to be independent. He can give you the world... literally!"

You scoffed as you scrolled on your laptop, checking out various job postings, "Oooh, this could be a perfect job for me? Check it out, chim!"

"Hmm, let me see..." Jimin peeked his head over at the screen, "Ew, no. If you're going to have a Kim, keep Taehyung. Not this guy here. No."

He cringed before leaning back onto the sofa and focusing on the tv show he'd turned on.

"What do you mean?" You questioned, genuinely interested in what it was that had him so grossed out.

He snatched the laptop from you and typed around on your keyboard before handing you the device back, "That right there is the CEO of the company you were just checking out. His name is Kim Namjoon. He has the looks, but not the personality. He's horrible."

You chuckled as you lightly punched Jimins shoulder, "That doesn't matter to me. I'm just going for a job... not to make friends!"

"Whatever you say, that Kim Namjoon knows just how to reel them in Y/N. Be careful around him."

You ignored his words as you clicked back on the job application and begin filling out all the necessary information.

How bad could it be? It's just a job.

__________

Kim Taehyung

"Still no word from Y/N? This isn't like you to not talk to her all day?" I asked Taehee for the fifth time today. I missed Y/N so much. I'd talked to her earlier over the phone, but that wasn't enough for me.

She groaned, "No, Taehyung. For the last time, I haven't talked to your girlfriend. I don't keep tabs on the girl. If you miss her so badly, go see her? It's not like she's out the country."

I've been nagging Taehee about Y/N ever since she agreed to come back home. I knew Taehee wouldn't last anywhere else, she'd grew up with me so eventually she'd get home sick.

"Tch. Who said anything about missing her? I was just asking. Besides, I spoke to her this morning. I'm fine."

She laughed as she walked out the room. Was I being that obvious?

I walked back around to my desk and sat in my desk chair as I begin working on more documents about my company when suddenly my phone rang.

"Hello?"

The other line was silent for a second before I could hear low chucking, "Ah, Kim Taehyung. Long time no speak."

I know this voice, "Kim Namjoon. If it isn't the person in the world that I despise the most. What could you want? Don't you have a small company you should be running?"

He laughed, "Oh relax. Just thought I'd give a call. I seen your whole scandal shit with your girlfriend that's been in the media recently... how is that going for you?"

I had to lie to him because I know how quickly he can be about snatching a girl from me, after all he's done it before.

"We're doing great actually, even speaking about marriage. Why is it any of your business though?"

"Oh, nothing. Maybe because I just received a job application from her. Say, how long do you think it'll take this time? Do you think it'll take more time than it did with Anna? For me to take the girl who has your heart? Anna was pretty quick to run into my arms."

A/N:
Goodnight 😴