Chapter Twenty Six

"Look," Yoongi pinched the bridge of his nose as he released a deep sigh, "Taehyung is here. Out there in the living room and he wants to speak with you."

It had been three whole days since you and Taehee found the DNA test in his office and for some odd reason, you left. You packed a bag and left to Yoongi's place.

For the last few days of you staying here, you thought hard about why exactly you felt the need to leave but the answer never came to you. Maybe it was because you knew that he had a child and you felt like you'll stand in the way of him being a father, or maybe it was because although you didn't want to admit it, you were beginning to feel something for this man and the thought of someone new entering his life scared you?

"Tell him to go. I'm not up for talking to him yet, I need more—"

"No." Yoongi deadpanned, "You're going to go out there and talk to him, Y/N. If you don't want to talk, then at least listen as he speaks. Give him a chance to explain his side of the story. You're an adult now, and as much as you hate to hear it—you can't keep running away from every problem you come across." With that, he closed the door, allowing you to prepare yourself.

Min Yoongi was right.

Min Yoongi was always right.

You were an adult who needed to learn to face her problems head on.

Getting out of the bed, you grabbed a jacket to help you feel a bit more secure, before throwing it on and making your way out of the room.

As you approached the living room, you were met with the backside of Taehyung as he was facing the opposite way.

"Uh," You cleared your throat as a way to get his attention, "Hi..."

Hi? Seriously? That was the best you could do Y/N?

"Oh, hey. I—uh—I wanted to talk? H-How're you?" He rubbed his palms together as he turned back to look at you.

You hated that things had become like this for you two. You genuinely liked the relationship you had with Taehyung—it was comfortable. You'd really begun to feel close to him.

"I'm good. I've been good. Yoongi has been a good host, allowing me to stay here and all." You smiled as you thought of the barely edible meals he'd cook for you. Let's just say, cooking wasn't Min Yoongi's best skill.

"Can I explain things... from my side... please? I never meant to make you look or feel like a fool or anything like that. I'd never in a million years do that to you. I really did plan on sitting both you and Taehee down and telling you both about my child. It's just—"

"Taehyung it's fine. You and I—our relationship isn't real, so honestly you don't owe me an explanation. Me leaving your place is because of my own problems and my own issues that I need to clear up. Taehee is the one you owe an explanation to, she's your sister."

"No, fuck!" He sighed, wiping his hand across his face in a frustrated motion. "Stop—stop saying that! That our relationship isn't real, I know and I wish you'd stop reminding me because damn it hurts. It hurts to know that no matter how much I tell the world that you're mine, it'll never be real, because in the end your heart still wants him, while mine? My heart only wants you."

You stared over at him in shock, not sure that you'd heard his words correctly. "Taehyung—you don't... you don't mean—"

"I love you." He said. "We may not have spent a lot of time together for me to believe that my feelings for you are as strong as I think they are, but time doesn't matter to me. I love you. You came into my life in a crazy way—and from then, you intrigued me. Every day I found myself falling harder for you. I knew that I shouldn't have, and when you told me about Jungkook, I promised that I'd stop loving you, but it was too late."

You didn't know what to say. Your mind was a literal mess right now as you didn't want to say the wrong thing that could lead him on. Honestly, you didn't know what the feeling was but there was something that you felt for Taehyung too, but it wasn't as strong as your feelings for Jungkook. So, was it even necessary for you to mention it?

"I don't know what to say," you looked down at your lap, "I'm happy that you told me about your feelings, but, I'm sorry, I think I should let you down now..." You gulped, not ready to say what was coming next, "I don't feel anything for you Taehyung." You lied through your teeth. "I'm not telling you this to hurt your feelings but because I don't want to lead you on. I know the feeling of being lead on and it sucks."

He scoffed, "Yeah, I know."

"I would like to remain as your friend though... if you'd let me? Also, you shouldn't waste your time on someone like me, how about your child? How are things going?" You asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Uh, things are good. I told Taehee, and she was upset at first but he is her nephew after all."

You had to admit that you felt bad for not allowing him to speak that day, you understand that it wasn't exactly his fault as he didn't owe you anything.

"I'm sorry..." You pouted while looking down.

He reached over pinching your cheek. "Don't pout. You look like a chipmunk. Also, it's fine. I can't force you to love me, I won't make things awkward between us, I still want to remain as friends too." He stood up, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his pants. "I've gotta go, but Taehee misses you. You should call her, or... do you want to come back to mine?"

He mumbled the last words, but you were still able to hear him. Just as you were about to answer, Min Yoongi came around the corner with your bags, sitting them by the door.

"She's ready." He wiped the fake sweat from his face, "Shes definitely ready, I feel like a maid in my own home. I bring this girl home cooked meals everyday, and she doesn't even eat them."

The two of you laughed at his upset state before Taehyung walked over and grabbed your bags, "Y/N, I'll be waiting in the car."

You nodded as he closed the door, leaving out.

"So you're evicting me, huh?" You questioned while walking towards Yoongi.

He smiled a sarcastic smile, "Yes. That's exactly what I'm doing. I love you and I'm always here for you but you require too much, like a girlfriend, and I don't want a girlfriend."

You stuck out your tongue, teasing him, before walking over and wrapping him in a hug. "Thanks for letting me crash here, I'll text you when I'm home."

__________

You opened the passenger door of Taehyungs vehicle before sliding yourself in. Taehyung was scrolling through his phone, poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue.

"What's wrong?" You looked over at his phone, trying to see what it was that he was looking at.

He held up his phone to you, showing you pictures of you and Min Yoongi from when you got had the picnic, "So about these pictures huh..." He playfully teased.

Oh here it go, he was gonna yell at you for causing him trouble. You'd forgotten about the pictures, prepare yourself Y/N.

"Uh, what about them?" You nervously asked.

"Why don't we take these types of pictures?" He teased.

You quickly looked over at him, noticing his pouting, "I wanna take these types of pictures with you too Kang Y/N— even as friends..."

A/N:
Thanks guys for waiting while I recovered from Covid. I got out of the hospital a few days ago and I've been feeling a lot better.

This highkey a Taehyung ff, why y'all ain't tell me? 🤣👀

Also Y/N does not know what she wants. She feels something for Taehyung and hates for someone else to have him yet she won't take him as hers because she loves Jungkook—yet, she doesn't want anything with Jungkook? What is this girl doing