Ch.5: Unexpected Reunion

June's POV

I looked up at the clear sky, not a cloud in sight, as Roy walks next to his eyes scanning the area.

It seems he always on the lookout for danger. Which is why father suggested that I take him as protection instead of Aqua.

"From what the animals said around here that two Akatsuki were seen leaving the hidden sand heading towards the direction of the land of rivers. So we need to go south instead." I said.

I was happy to be walking along a riverbank instead of the hot sunny desert.

The sand was so hot and burning my feet through my shoes.

I suddenly felt charka signatures nearby.

I feel two charka signatures. One feels familiar but the other two don't. Also, it feels like a fight.

"Come on Roy, " I say breaking into a run. "Let's go see if the charka coming from who were looking for."

Roy picks up his pace to keep up with me.

Placing chakra in my feet, I opt for running across the surface of the wide river beside me, hoping that being so close to the water will keep me the slightest bit cooler.

"I hate water but if it helps you to cool down. Then I will walk on the water with you." Roy said.

"Don't worry we should be close are destination soon."

As we get closer the charka gets stronger and stronger.

"What going on?" I ask myself, as I feel what seems like rocks tumbling to the ground, like a rockslide.

Picking up the pace, I race across the water, my brows beginning to furrow with concentration.

" There One.....two........three I count softly. "There are three people but......something doesn't feel right about one of them.....and the other.......still very familiar....."

I shake my head feeling confused.

One of the presence feels familiar but can't think of who it can be. Another feels human but yet not human so odd.

"Hey June I may be a cat and not a dog but I pick up the scent of wooden material. It also smells like a fire." Roy said.

"Wooden material and fire?" I asked.

"Yes."

Somebody must be using a fire style justu. But the wood makes no sense. Why would anyone have wood at a fight? I must be missing something.

As I continue running, a large cave comes into my view, sitting in the middle of a pool of shallow water.

I skid to a halt, my eyes widening as a huge blast of fire shoots out of the entrance, making steam rise from the water.

Wow, Roy was definitely right about the fire. Not that I didn't believe him.

"Roy." I address my companion seriously. "I want you to stay very close don't get separated in this fire. If it too much for you get behind the rocks or leave the cave.