Ch. 38: The Snake Demon Legend

June's POV

After two more hours of training, I finally headed the kitchen of Lord Hakuja temple. I hadn't made progress on staying still my mind was still full of so many thoughts making it hard to focus and keep still.

"I see you finally came to eat lunch," Lord Hakuja voice said, and she emerged from the kitchen. My eyes widened when I noticed she was in a humanlike form instead of a snake.

She noticed my expression. "You're probably wondering why I look like a human," She said.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Well female snakes can transform into a human it special jutsu we have but only females who are taught it can transform," she explained. I nodded.

"That very interesting," I said and she nodded. I sat at the table as she placed a bowl of rice with rabbit meat. I smiled at Lord  Hakuja grateful for the food.

"This looks good," I said and began to eat my food.

"Glad to hear that because this was your father's favorite to eat while he was training here when he was younger," She sated smiling back at me.

I guess me and dad have the same taste in food. We seem to have a lot in common" I said.

"You are a lot like him but you have your mother hair," Lord Hakuja said.  "Anyway, why don't you get some rest we will continue training some more tomorrow,"

Lord Hakuja then walked out of the kitchen and disappeared down the hall of the temple.

**

Drago's POV

The moon was high in the sky as I walked through the forest.  It has been two days since I escaped from the Akatsuki hideout I was a prisoner in. And almost four days since I arrived at the summoning realm for rabbits.

I was walking through the forest to clear my mind while taking a break from my training.

"Where should I do now," I muttered.

I cane here to train but why training my sister back in the Hidden leaf village at least that what Kabuto said. Kabuto has been so strange since our father's death. So why train to get stronger, I thought to myself.

I suddenly heard rustling in the bushes. I turned around to see a brown medium size rabbit. 

"Hello," I said to the rabbit. The brown rabbit looked up at me with big black eyes.

"You must be Drago. Lord Usagi sent me to let you know that lunch is ready," the brown rabbit said in a deep voice.

Thanks for letting me know um," I said realizing I don't know the rabbit name.

"My name is Jeff and I'm Lord Usagi's son," The brown rabbit named Jeff said.

"I see," I said.

I then went ahead and follow Jeff to where Lord Usagi was waiting for me to come and eat lunch.

**

June's POV

I let out deep breaths,  placing my hands together, and crossing my legs. I closed my eyes and began clearing my mind. After a few hours, I was getting better at keeping myself still but my focus still wasn't as perfect as it should be. I could feel a power running through my body. Since my focus was still not the best my body started shaking from the loss of focus and the power running through my body disappeared.