Ch. 35: The Message

A/N: SORRY! I haven't uploaded for a while  I've just been stuck with some serious writer block... Also whenever I did come up with an idea on what to write it just didn't sound right so I had to keep start over the chapter every time.

June's POV

I was in my room the next morning, trying to sleep my problems away. Of course, that completely backfired when the doorbell rang. My cats looked up at me expecting me to get up and answer the door.

I waited for the person to walk away from my house. I was really hoping they would think I wasn't home. All I wanted was to be left alone. I just wanted to void the world and my problems.

But I can't keep running from my father's death. I'm going to have to face the world and the fact he never coming back, I thought to myself.

I quickly got out of bed and walked down the staircase and towards the front.

I guess I should see who ringing my doorbell, I thought to myself annoyed.

I yanked the door opened annoyed. I was surprised to see Shikamaru standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"June, " He greeted.

"Shikamaru, " I greeted. "Hey. What are you doing here?"

"We're decoding the message Lord Jiraiya left, " He explained. "We need your help."

Why does he need my help? Why does he think I will be able to decode the message. Also, what does he mean by we nobody else is with him, I thought to myself.

It was then that Naruto emerged from behind Shikamaru and said, "Hey."

I felt like the world was out to punish me. First I had another nightmare of my father's death and now I have to see Naruto again after he asked me out yesterday. I stared at Naruto for a while, completely silent. The way he stared back made me sure that things were going to be awkward between us. Which I didn't want to deal with right now I just wanted to get more sleep since I didn't really get any last night thanks to my nightmare.

Shikamaru looked in between us, "Um.. is there something going with you two?"

"No," I answered quickly, at the same time Naruto answered, "Yes."

I gave Naruto an annoyed look, then looked back at Shikamaru. "It's nothing."

"So what happened was nothing?" Naruto asked.

"That not what I meant," I replied.

"Then why did you say it was nothing?" He inquired.

"Why are you being sun a pain?" I snapped, scowling at him.

"Why can't you just answer the question?" He shot back, and I felt like I was going to explode from anger and annoyance.

 Shikamaru was now utterly confused.

"Um... Huh?"

"Don't ask," I said quickly. "Just let me go get my jacket."

"All right," Shikamaru said. 

I grabbed my jacket from my bedroom and slipped it on quickly, heading back downstairs to the door running. Instead of slowing down I accidentally slammed into Naruto's chest. I immediately put my hands up, keeping some distance between us.

I quickly moved back and murmured a quick sorry. and walked forward after closing the door to my house. Shikamaru was at my side instantly.

"Did you guys kiss or something?" He asked.