Chapter Fifteen

KENNETH

".. Are we friends..?"

I snorted when I heard that whisper coming from her before finally closing the rooftop door. Naiiling na naupo akong muli at tinanggal ang headset ko na wala namang music. Napatingala ako at napabuntong-hininga pagkaraan.

That brat was really avoiding me, huh. Didn't know that my guess was right.

Akala ko pa naman kaya di na niya ko pinipeste noong nakaraang mga araw ay dahil nagsawa na siya o na-bore na siya dahil di ko naman siya kinakausap. Or more like, natamad na siyang magdala ng lunch para makasabay ako.

Not like I was looking forward to it. In fact, I was really hoping to get rid of her. And I've been wanting to have this rooftop all to myself. But thanks to her, my escape room is ruin.

She's annoying. Really annoying. Her energy is annoying as well as her voice full of enthusiasm. Her smiling face was annoying and the way she nags me every day is annoying. And the way she can guess what I'm thinking like she can read me like an open book, is really annoying.

How can she even do that?

In short, everything about her is pretty much annoying.

"Are we friends..?"

Don't know either.

We didn't reach a certain agreement to what this relationship be called. She was just messing with my everyday life. She likes messing up my quiet day. And then, accidentally barge in my own safe haven. Forcefully shared her lunch with me everyday.

It was just an accidental meeting. And soon became an everyday rooftop rendezvous. That somehow, as days passed, I've become fond about.

Well, she's still annoying as hell.

And stupid.

Seriously, how can she just believe what my stupid sister said? Did not even think of asking for Kim's full name or ask any other students. She's stupid as hell.

Kim's not even the girlfriend material. Not even my type of girl.

My type of girl?

Don't know. Haven't given it much thought.

Since I isolated myself from everyone in this school. I like being alone. And I spent my four years of high school alone. Transfering school each year became a routine for me na tinanggal ko na sa listahan ko ang maging attached kahit kanino, what's more having any friend? Or a girlfriend?

Wala naman kasing mga babae ang nagtatangkang lumapit sa akin dahil sa takot. At kung meron man, ako na mismo ang lumalayo o gumagawa ng paraan para ma-turn off sila.

But her..

There's just something about her that I can't get through. She seems to be hiding something.

And I entertained the thought of finding it out.

*-*-*-*-*