I Refuse To Hole Myself Up Like Her And Become Her Spinster Side-Kick...

The next night I walk into the kitchen carefully. I had spent all day in my room and I dared to be brave by venturing out into the wild of my house. I also had some certain questions that needed to be answered and I was weary about if my father could answer them. I didn't want to accuse him. That wouldn't be fair, plus, it would only cause problems in the long run. Firstly, i peer into the room.

There sat my father, sitting at the kitchen island, scooping up his cereal before shoving it in his possibly loud mouth. I walk in and make my way to the cereal sitting out.

"Hey, sweetie. Did you have a good day?" He asked curiously. My eyes narrow in on him as he looks over some form for work.

"Possibly." I say, drawling out my answer. My dad chuckles in response.

"Well what does that mean?" He asks all amused. I silently pour my cereal and milk and I glower at him.

"It depends on how you answer my question." I finally respond. He puts down his paper and gives me an expectant look. When I don't ask, he broadens the look.

"Well, what's your question?" He asks. I place my bowl in front of me as I take a seat next to him.

"Did you tell Paige I was going to be at the studio yesterday?" I ask, gaging for his reaction. His skin gets a little paler and the stiffness in his shoulders is noticeable.

"Maybe." Be answers curtly after a few minutes.

"Dad." I groan. He immediately moves his hands up in surrender.

"Look, look. I'm sorry, ok? I knew you had been getting back into dancing and I didn't think it would hurt to contact her and get your lessons back up." He explained, getting out of his chair and cleaning up after himself.

"But there's a reason I didn't want to contact her yet." I try and explain but he doesn't seem to be understanding me.

"Oh! I think she's there now." Dad said, his voice showing genuine surprise as he looked down at his watch.

"You scheduled a lesson without telling me?!" I shout, leaving my cereal untouched and running to my room.

"Sorry, hunny!" I hear my dads faint yell.

I hurry, trying to get all my dance stuff on before I go so I don't have to stop in the lockeroom. About half way through getting ready, someone knocks on my door. I quickly make myself decent.

"Come in." I say, hoping it wasn't someone I didn't want to see. But to my luck, it was Miranda!

"Hey, uh... what are you doing?" Miranda asks as she sees me struggling to get everything situated.

"Dad... scheduled a class... I didn't know..! Gotta hurry." I respond between my breaths. I knew how to control my breathing when I tried. I was in too big a hurry to rush right now. Miranda laughed at me lightly.

"Oh, ok. Well, I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the club with me and my friends, but it seems your busy." She explained distractedly as she watched me move around and about. My head jerks up to meet her amused gaze.

"Oh, really? Well, I can try and come," I say, grabbing my bag and leading her to the door as we both had to go. "Text me the address and maybe I can meet you there." I offer. Miranda smiles and nods as we start to separate, our cars being in different spots.

"Ok, cool. Hopefully we'll see you there." Miranda nods once again before getting in her car and driving off. I barley think of it before I get in my dads car and drive over to the studio.

Once there, I rush right into the studio. I open the door, nod my head to Madame and throw my bag against the wall. Slightly out of breath, I take first position and wait in the middle of the room for her instruction.