I Support It And All... But Didn't They Just Get Back Together?

We were all surprised when July celebrated Rachel for her broadway callback. July was going to force Rachel to do her midterm early but she turned everything around and we celebrated Rachel's victory.

Then, Jesse had flown down for a bit and we along with Santana helped Rachel prepare for her callback.

I happily sway to the music as I make breakfast for Rachel. No, she didn't ask me. It's a surprise! Today is Rachel's callback for Funny girl. So I thought a good morning would lead to a good audition.

Collecting the eggs and pancakes, I put it on a tray and make my way to her room, swinging the curtain open in the process. When I looked over at Rachel, the first thing I noticed was that she was already dressed and ready to go.

"Rachel." I groaned.

"What?" She asks distractingly. That is until she turns to look at me and sees the breakfast. She frowns.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I really wanted to get there early." She explains, brushing by me.

"Hey! Wait!" I shout. I walk ahead of her and jerk my head to the table. Taking off the food, I set it on the plate. "Since you're up, you can quickly eat breakfast at the table and then leave. You'll have plenty of time." I state. Rachel sighs but quickly eats before standing up and rushing out of the apartment.

"Bye! Have a good audition!" I shout from the door. Geez, this is such an amazing opportunity and even though I chickened out going to the dance audition, I was glad Rachel had a chance.

That evening two things happened. One, Rachel told us how short her reading was and the criticism she overheard the director and the other lead saying about her. Then two, Santana had gotten a job at a restaurant where they sing. They dance too but if you tell someone you work as a dancer at a restaurant... yeah.

Then, Santana throws the fact that she got Rachel and I jobs their! Rachel was hesitant but agreed she needed the money. I... was very hesitant. I didn't sing. I wasn't going to sing for a restaurant. But Santana told me that it was a fair amount of money and I didn't have to sing, just pretend during group numbers. She then guilted me by saying she practically had to show her boss her left tit get it for us.

So that is how Rachel and I ended up on a sketchy looking bus, riding to our new jobs. In a red 50's style waitress dress.

"This was a mistake." Rachel says as the bus stops at our stop.

"Oh, yes. Yes, I agree." I nod. Santana stands up and starts walking out.

"Okay, no, you two are not backing out," Santana says as Santana grabs Rachel's hand to drag her off the bus, Rachel grabs mine and does the same. "I basically had to show Gunther my left side boob to get you two this job." Santana complains.

"Oh, this again." I shout. Santana ignored me as we rush into the restaurant. We take off our coats and place them behind the host's stand.

"Here, put these on." Santana says, handing us each an apron. She starts walking and Rachel and I follow.

"Look, Santana, whole I really appreciate you freely prostituting yourself for us, that was before my world came crashing down and I realized I totally blew my funny girl chemistry read." Rachel rants as we follow Santana to the kitchens.

"You're late, Lopez!" A lanky man yells.

"Yes, yes, I know, sorry, Gunther." Santana drags on.

"Are these the girls?" Gunther points at us. I look over and realize Santana's got food now.

"Yes, these are the girls. Rachel, Madi, thats Gunther," Santana leans closer to Rachel. "Don't tell him if you're Jewish or black," Santana whispers before she starts moving. I see more plates on the kitchen window and grab them, following Santana. She hands Rachel a plate of dirty dishes and keeps walking. "Listen, you said it yourself a bazillion times. You want to get to broadway, you have to pay your dues." Santana explains. Rachel and I shriek as someone holding dishes flies the tub over our heads.